80. Majorca.

Day four, in Majorca, and Chloe was driving her, Seb arranged, rented Audi TT convertible with the roof down along the coast road in the northeast of the island. It was a hot sunny day, there wasn't even one tiny cloud in the sky and the sun sparkled on the sea that was as busy as the road with all the yachts and boats that were out there, it was a great day for a drive out. A small smile passed her lips as she thought about her boyfriend's apparent fascination with German car manufacturers, if he wasn't driving a Ferrari or Alfa Romeo organised by his team then it always either an Audi or a BMW. Seb had been reluctant to let her come here but knew it was important to her and so had arranged a plane and hotel suite for her and she'd let him do that as it gave him peace of mind knowing where she was staying and that she was safe. He'd stayed behind in Italy as he had a chunk of simulator time to complete, meetings and a couple of interviews with motoring magazines lined up as well as keeping up his training routine with Antti. They had both agreed to meet at Silverstone on Thursday and she was counting down the days and hours until they'd be reunited. As she got closer to the town, big residential buildings started to replace to the view of the beautiful blue Balearic sea and trees started to line the road along with lampposts. Couples, old and young, walked along the pavement hand in hand as well as the odd elderly person on a mobility scooter and what Chloe often called, your average Brit abroad; young men, topless and bright red, burnt to a crisp by the sun with their girlfriend or mates who were equally just as burnt looking. She would have enjoyed staying here if wasn't for the reason of her visit. The sign for the private hospital that Michael was currently staying in loomed into view and she indicated before turning left into the car park, tapping her fingers on the steering wheel she drove along slowly until she found a space which she then reversed the black car into. She looked up at the cream coloured building in front of her, the main hospital building, one that she was sure would be expensive to be in. Pressing a button in the centre console the cars roof began to emerge from the back and then unfold, she sighed wondering if today was going to be another wasted day of being unable to see Michael. So far she'd been unsuccessfull and the whole trip had felt like a waste of time. She ended up spending her time either working in her hotel suite or sunbathing on the beach. For all she knew he might have been discharged and not even be in there now. When she had arrived Sabine had confessed to calling her in a panic after Michael's first seizure as he'd asked for her when he'd come round before having a second, more serious, seizure that had landed him in hospital. Since then Chloe knew he'd suffered another one but had been unable to get in to see him as Sabine had requested that she didn't visit if his wife or family were there. All she knew was that Michael had improved and they didn't expect him to stay in for much longer. Her phone chimed with a message, it was from Sabine, Michael was being discharged later this afternoon and if Chloe wanted to see him, now was the time, he was currently alone. She quickly texted back her thanks before getting out of the car and making her way inside.

                            ~*~

Walking along the spotlessly clean corridors her heels clicked along the floor as she got to Michael's door. She stopped to peek through the glass panel at the side, he was sat up in bed, watching tv, he looked bored. Slowly she pushed the door open and his eyes met with hers. "Hi Michael." She noticed how he looked surprised to see her, he obviously didn't remember asking for her when he was first taken ill.

"Chloe." He held his arms out to her and smiled as she perched on the edge of his bed to accept his embrace. He held her, feeling her holding him tightly in response before she pulled away and looked at him, examining him.
"This is a surprise." He pointed to a chair. "Take a seat."

"How are you feeling?" She asked, pulling the chair closer to the bed, as she looked at him she was hit was an overwhelming urge to be closer to him. She hated how they'd left things when they last saw each other.