102. A little bit of limbo.

Limbo: an uncertain period of awaiting a decision or resolution; an intermediate state or condition. In a state of uncertainty, up in the air, in no man's land, betwixt and between.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Limbo was exactly where Seb found himself right now. No longer in the friend zone but not quite back in a relationship either, he didn't know where he stood and Chloe was giving him no clues, remaining her usual friendly and chatty self but effectively distancing herself from him. He'd endured nearly three whole days of it and he hated it.

"Going somewhere?" Chloe looked up from her seat behind the desk in his office to see him leaning casually in the doorway twirling his car key around his finger. Wearing a burgundy long sleeve t-shirt and dark blue jeans he looked ridiculously handsome and the thought of him going out anywhere without her filled her with jealousy, not that she'd admit it to him.

"Yes, we are." He smiled and walked over to the desk. He leant his hands on it and leaned over until he was almost close enough to kiss her.

"We?" She looked puzzled, had she missed something? She didn't remember him mentioning it earlier, in fact she could have swore he'd said that Mia and Leonie were coming to stay until the weekend.

"I'm taking you out for dinner."

"You are? You never mentioned it earlier." She stood up, removing herself from his close proximity.

"I only booked the table an hour ago while you were on that conference call."

"Have I got time to get changed?" She looked down at her brightly coloured Tikiboo leggings, a parting gift from Annukka who was leaving for Finland tonight.

"You've got time." Seb looked at his watch. "Not that there's anything wrong with what you've got on." He eyed her hungrily.

"I won't be long." She darted out of the office and went into her room, making sure to shut the door behind her, she wasn't totally sure that he wouldn't follow her. Her mind started to whir as she quickly undressed, was this a date or just dinner? Whatever it was, she suddenly felt guilty for constantly keeping him at bay ever since Sunday night, but she'd had to because the morning after he'd clearly thought they were back together and had wanted a replay while she had launched herself into total and utter confusion, resulting in her backing off and keeping a careful distance from him despite his efforts to get closer. She sprayed on some perfume before pulling a black dress, with a small dark red floral print on it, out of the wardrobe and slipping it on. Doing the button up at the back, she checked her appearance in the mirror, she wished she could tell him what was going on in her head. She loved him, she wanted him and he was already hers in a way but she was too scared to let him in. She'd never let a man have a second chance, never mind a third and if Seb screwed up again she didn't think she'd ever be able to get over it. She looked at the dress that covered her body, it was long sleeved, high necked, short but not too short, finishing about midway up her thighs and she teamed it with a pair of black strappy high heeled sandals that elongated her legs. Perfect for a date night, she shook her head at the thought and dashed into the bathroom to quickly apply a little powder and blusher to her face, followed by mascara. Then she brushed her hair and grabbed her phone and a small black bag before heading downstairs where Seb was waiting for her. "Quick enough?" She smiled as she got to the bottom of the stairs.