37. Friends.

"Fancy seeing you here." The Australian's voice caught her attention as she sat in a quiet corner of the bar with her book and a large glass of wine. The wine was quickly becoming a habit. She looked up as Daniel sat in the chair opposite her.

"What do you want Dan?"

"Why didn't you tell me you were shagging Sebastian?" He asked.

"It wasn't any of your business." She tried to keep her eyes on the page she was reading. Daniel quickly snatched the book from her hands. "For fucks sake Dan!" She hissed.

"I asked you if anything was going on and then it's in the press days later."

"It's not your business." She repeated. "Now give me my book back."

"How come you're not at the team meal and sitting here on your own?" He asked, his dark eyes looked in to her's, searching for the answer.

"I didn't feel like it."

"Oh come on, I've heard you two are pretty inseparable, there's more to it than that."

"We've had a row." The words fell from her mouth before she could stop them. "Happy now?!" She blinked to stop tears from escaping, but failed. Here she was, crying again.

"Chloe, I'm never happy to see you upset." He quickly got up from his seat and moved to the one next to her. "It's not that bad is it?"

"I've lost him." She lowered her head, her hair falling around her like a curtain. "He hates me."

"I'm sure you can both sort it." He placed his hand on her arm. "Why don't you come up to my room, there's too many eyes in here." He stood and held out his hand to her. She refused to take it but stood up, she swayed a little. "Bloody hell Chloe how many glasses have you had?" He laughed eyeing her half empty glass.

"Just that one." She picked up a folded sheet of paper that sat on the table. He returned her book to her and she tucked the paper inside.

"I hope you haven't lost what page you were on of......" He glanced at the title, "Fifty Shades Freed." He looked at her as they walked. "Bloody porn that book you got there!" He let out a deep throaty laugh as they walked to the lift. She kept her head down until they got in the lift, she knew he was trying to cheer her up but it wasn't working. She was silent all the way up, he could hear her ragged breaths as she tried to control her emotions. The doors opened and they stepped out. He placed his hand on her lower back and guided her to his door, quickly unlocking it and letting her step in ahead of him. "Wanna drink?" He went to the mini bar and waved a bottle of whisky at her.

"I shouldn't." She shook her head.

"Not up the duff already are ya?!" He joked, he looked at how unhappy she was. "Shit, Chloe you're not are ya?!"

"No!" She realised he was suddenly being serious. "I've just not eaten much so I don't want to drink alot on an empty stomach."

"A small one won't hurt ya." He poured a little in a glass for her and a bigger measure for himself. He walked over to her. "Take a seat." He gestured to the sofa. His room was identical to Seb's. He watched as she sat down, placing her book with the sheet of paper safely tucked inside it on the table in front of her. "Wanna talk about it?" He sat next to her, relaxing back in to the seat.

"It's a long story, too much to go into." She took a sip from the glass, she could feel the liquid burn as went down.

"Try me." He simply said.

"He thinks I'm in love with someone else and there's something that happened to me in my past that he wants me to tell him about but I won't."

"How does he know something happened in your past, did you tell him?"