6. New Year.

Seb sat in his car outside the arrivals terminal waiting for Chloe. He was constantly scanning every person that walked out through the doors. He'd text her quite a bit over the last week. Although he'd enjoyed spending Christmas with his girls at his parents house in Germany the constant strained atmosphere with ex had taken the shine off things and texting Chloe had been a good diversion. He just wished Hannah had made a bit more effort to keep things friendly between them, after all it was her fault things had ended up how they were. Chloe had cheered him up, sending funny selfies and photos from her family gathering. He suddenly saw her approaching the car and jumped out to open the boot for her.
"Afternoon." She grinned.

"It's so good to see you." He took her case and bag and put them in the boot, shutting it firmly, and then hugged her. He felt her hug him back, it felt good.

"So what have I missed?" She pulled away and opened the passenger side door.

"Urgh, very little." He got in to drivers seat.

"Oh, so things still bad at home?" She knew him and Hannah weren't getting on, but not why.

"It's fine at home. She's stayed in Germany with her family and the girls."

"So what's bugging you?"

"All the changes coming I guess." He pulled away from the terminal and headed to the exit.

"Oh." Chloe hadn't been expecting that.

"I don't mean you." He put his hand on her arm suddenly, the last thing he wanted was for her to feel like he didn't want her here, "Though Britta going is a small part of it. It's just that when Hannah returns she'll be moving in to the new house and taking Mia and Leonie with her. I won't be able to see them as often and that's hard enough during the season. Plus Kimi is no longer my team mate, Charles will be starting soon and we've got a new team principle."

"I'm sure Hannah will let you see the girls whenever you're home, and the rest, I'll try my best to help you with. Remember what I said Christmas day? You can always talk to me, I'm always going to be here for you. Personally and professionally."

"I really have missed you." He put his hand on her knee for a moment, "Thanks for cheering me up over the last week."

Chloe looked down at his hand "I've missed you too."

                                   ~*~

Walking in to Seb's house and preparations were in full swing for the party. Banners and balloons with 'farewell' and 'happy New year' were scattered around the hall, lounge and kitchen and a large christmas tree stood in one corner of the lounge. A dj was setting up in another corner, while caterers were setting up food and drinks in the kitchen. Crates of expensive looking champagne were stacked on the floor.
"Chloe!" Britta called as she walked over to Chloe, "Wonderful to see you!" She kissed Chloe's cheek, "Come, let's head upstairs. We have a make up and hair team just for us! Seb organised it!"

"Lovely to see you too Britta!" Chloe smiled happily as she followed Britta out of the lounge she looked back at Seb with a smile.

                                   ~*~

It was close to midnight. Seb stood with Antti who was talking to him but he wasn't hearing a word Antti said. He was feeling slightly drunk and couldn't take his eyes off of Chloe. In a room full of people he could look at her now without anyone else really noticing. She was talking to Britta and her husband Louis. Chloe's long auburn hair hung in loose waves framing her face. The tight black bodycon off the shoulder dress showed off her figure perfectly. Her heels making her legs look longer. She appeared to be trying to show Britta some dance moves, rotating her hips in a figure of eight type move. They both laughed as Britta tried to copy her, Chloes whole face seemed to light up and her green eyes sparkled. He noticed the time, and motioned for Antti to follow him over to them. The dj announced the time and began counting down.
"Are you ready for this year?" He slipped an arm around Chloe's shoulder.

"Bring it on Vettel!" She said confidently before moving to face him, a glass of champagne in her hand.

"3, 2, 1! Happy New year 2019!" The dj yelled. Chloe laughed as Seb picked her up hugging her tightly and spinning them round.

"Happy New year Seb." Chloe kissed him on his cheek, "I've got a feeling it'll be a good one this year!" He stopped spinning them and put her down, still holding her. He had an almost intense look on his face as he brushed away a hair from her face.

"I hope so, I don't think I can do another year like last year."

"Happy New year Seb!" Britta pulled him away for a hug, she'd seen the way Seb was looking at Chloe. The last thing she wanted was for him to be looking for a rebound with his new PA. "Be careful Seb, I can see the way you look at her. The last thing you need is to rebound to someone else. I'm only saying this because you know I care for you." She said it in to his ear quietly enough so only he could hear it.

"I know Britta. Please don't worry. I don't want another relationship right now." He glanced over at Chloe who was now dancing with a couple of his friends. She watched as he went over to them and began dancing close to Chloe. They're bodies seeming to move in sync.

"Oh Sebastian." She sighed, she was going to miss her driver.