16. Barcelona.

Chloe swiped her pass to get in to the paddock behind Sebastian. This would be the first time she'd set foot back in to the F1 community since Brazil 2012 and she felt a little apprehensive. Already photographers were swirling around Sebastian, he just kept striding on. It was as if he didn't even notice their presence. Two or three of them suddenly shifted their attention to her. She froze. She knew they'd found out who she was and who she'd worked for before Seb. The news that Mick had signed to Ferrari's driver academy over the weekend had also thrown her. She was going to have to get used to seeing him a lot more despite the memories that resurfaced.
"Chloe! Chloe! Are you still in touch with Michael's family?" The question was almost yelled at her.

"Do you know anything about his recovery Chloe?" another question fired straight after. She was probably only stood there for seconds but it felt like minutes. Suddenly a hand grabbed her's and she was bought back out of her daze. Seb placed his hand on the small of her back and guided her to the Ferrari motorhomes.

                                 ~*~

After the amazing day she'd had with Seb on Saturday, they'd spent the evening cuddled up on the sofa watching tv. Antti had arrived after a few days away, ready to travel with them to Barcelona. He'd noticed their obvious closeness but decided not to comment on it. He'd wait until Seb told him. Chloe had decided to go to her own room that night, despite Seb's numerous attempts to persuade her to sleep with him. Sunday morning saw the news of Mick's signing to the driver academy just as they were due to fly to Barcelona. Chloe had been a little quiet on the flight over, choosing to stay cuddled up to Seb in the seats. He wished she would tell him what it was that had happened to make her like this. It made him feel uneasy.

                                  ~*~

"Thought I'd lost you for a moment." He held the door open for her to his private driver's room.

"I'm sorry, the second they turned their attention to me, I froze. Then those questions they asked!" She frowned, stepping in to the room. Seb let the door swing shut behind him.

"I don't have to tell you that you don't have to answer them. You already know that from working for Michael." He started to undress.

"I know I should have just kept walking like you did." She watched him stripping off his t shirt and undoing his jeans. "It feels weird being back."

"Bad weird or good weird?" He stepped over to her, wearing nothing but his close fitting boxers.

"I've not stepped foot in an F1 paddock since Brazil 2012." She tried not to let the fact that Seb was semi naked get to her. She smiled as he pulled her close, "I think it's good weird."

"Right answer." He smiled, pushing her hair away from her neck, he started to leave a trail of kisses across her throat up towards her lips. His lips soon found hers and he gave her a long sweet kiss. He hoped he'd taken her mind off of whatever her memories were. "I'd better get dressed." He reluctantly pulled away.

"Yes you had." She let her fingers trail down his chest a little, "You have a briefing in ten minutes." She stepped back and got her phone from her jacket pocket. She started scrolling through the diary on it. "Don't forget the press conference this evening before we head back to the hotel."

"I'm sure you won't let me forget." He started putting his fireproof clothing on. There was a knock at the door and Antti stepped through.

"Thought I'd best knock first." He grinned and winked at Chloe. "Seb, you're coming back here after briefing right? Need to go through your stretches before practice." He dumped his rucksack on the massage bench and dug out a bottle with a green smoothie in it. "And have this while your in there." He chucked the bottle to Seb who had just tied the sleeves of his race suit around his waist. He caught it and pulled a face inspecting the contents. "You love the stuff really Seb."

                                  ~*~

Seb, glanced at Chloe while putting his driving gloves on. When she'd first stepped in to the garage she'd simply stopped. Her eyes taking in everything around her. She'd tried not to show any emotion but he'd seen her wipe away a tear while he was talking to Mattia. Then the car took her attention. She'd walked around it, as though taking in every detail. Chloe watched, smiling, as Seb effortlessly got in to cockpit of the car. She wondered what he'd name his car this year. He was well known for naming his race cars. Antti stood next to her, watching her smile get bigger as the car was started and roared in to life. Seconds later he left the garage to do an installation lap and get a first feel for the car. He returned just a couple of minutes later, cut the engine, and the mechanics rolled the car back in to the garage. Seb stayed in the car, communicating via the radio system with the team. A few minutes later he was off out again. This time for a longer run.
By lunch time he'd done 72 laps. He climbed out of the car ready for a break. He'd decided to have lunch with his engineers, using the time to have a bit of a debrief of the mornings work. Chloe sat next to him listening to him talk while she ate her chicken salad. It was fascinating to see him in his work environment. He glanced across to her and she felt him place his hand on her thigh for a moment. She felt as though she had butterflies in her stomach at the gesture. He'd told her they were to remain strictly professional when in front of any of his team, but moments like the ones they'd had back in his driver's room and just now showed his feelings for her. Lunch was soon over and Seb was getting ready to once again get back in to the car. This time Chloe had been given a head set so she could listen in to the radio transmissions between Seb and his team. His helmet was on, Chloe could only see his beautiful blue eyes as his visor was up. He winked at her before getting back in to the car. Minutes later the car was started and he was back out on the track. Chloe used the time to go through some emails on her lap top while listening to Seb's voice on the head set. Requests were still coming in for Australia for interviews and appearances. Britta had left her a list of tv and radio stations he would always speak to, along with magazines and papers he would give preference to. The afternoon seemed to fly by and Seb arrived back in the garage for the final time that day. With 169 laps and topping the time sheets with a time of 1 minute 18.161 seconds he had a massive grin on his face when he removed his helmet and fireproof balaclava. It had been an excellent first day.