8. First day.

Chloe opened her eyes, the room was lighter now but she could tell it wasn't sunny outside. She was still laying in Seb's arms. She couldn't tell if he was awake or not. All she could think of is that it wasn't right her being in here. She was sure Britta would go mad. What if she decided that Chloe should go back home and made Seb fire her? Despite that going round and round in her head it couldn't take away from the fact that somehow laying here with him felt right. He had needed someone last night, someone just to be there with him and she was actually glad it was herself. She felt him move slightly and dared herself to lift her head to look at him. She was met with those beautiful blue eyes looking back at her.
"Morning." He said quietly.

"Morning." She replied, making no effort to move.

"I know I said I wouldn't touch you, I haven't as such." He actually blushed, "I'm not quite sure how we ended up like this."

"Me neither, but it's ok. What's the time?" She felt him move as he stretched his arm out to grab his phone. She noticed an alarming amount of messages yet to be read on his home screen.

"Ten thirty."

"Shit, I better move." Chloe went to get up but he took hold of her wrist.

"No, please stay a bit longer." He tried to pull her back to him.

"Seb, I shouldn't even be in here. Other people will be up. How's it going look when they see me coming out of your room?"

"I doubt very much anyone is up yet."

"I've really got to move, I need a shower." She managed to escape his grip on her wrist. As she got to the door she turned to look back at him, "Get some more sleep." He just grunted in reply and she stepped out.

                                  ~*~

She stood in the lounge with a large coffee in her hands gazing out of the window. It was snowing heavily outside. All she could think about was the gorgeous German still laying in his bed upstairs. He'd seemed so sad last night, the effects from his split with Hannah still very raw. How could anyone do something like that to someone like him?
"Morning Chloe!" Britta sounded chirpy as she entered the lounge, carrying her lap top, diary and mobile phone.

"Morning Britta, happy New year to you."

"You too! So today is officially your first day working for Seb, though it's technically a day off and it's also my first day of my year out." She put everything down on the large coffee table, "So today will be a handover day, nothing heavy though. I'll give you my passwords for the lap top and phone." She suddenly noticed how Chloe seemed deep in thought, "Everything ok?" She put her hand on Chloe's shoulder, snapping her back out of her daze.

"Yeah, sorry, New Years Day always makes me like this. Quite thoughtful."

"You've got quite a year coming up." She smiled, "I'm sure you will cope with it all fantastically."

"I'm going to savour every moment." Chloe started to smile, "Seb has been the only one I've wanted to come back to F1 for."

"So you've never been tempted back by anyone since Michael's accident?" Britta sat down on the sofa and booted up the lap top.

"I nearly signed for Red Bull in 2015, I'd verbally accepted to work with Ricciardo as his media officer but when it came to signing the contracts, I couldn't do it. I wasn't ready."

"I bet Christian was well pissed off."

"You could say that, but he understood. Daniel was a different matter though, he went mental for some reason."

"Was you that close a friend to Michael that you couldn't come back?"

"I was yes." Chloe looked sad so Britta decided to change the subject.

"Seb's very late up this morning, Antti too."

"I think Antti will be suffering this morning."

"It's nearly midday, Seb is never usually this late. Maybe you should go check on him."

"I don't think he's had the best nights sleep." Chloe hoped she wasn't giving too much away.

"Oh, why?"

"I came down for a glass of water at 4am and he sat in the kitchen. He hadn't been to bed. He told me about Hannah."

"Ah, I knew it wouldn't be long before he told you. Was he upset?" Britta was slightly worried now.

"Not upset, but he was feeling down. I think he just needed to talk about it."

"What time do you think he went to sleep?"

"I've no idea, I managed to persuade him to go to bed but after that I don't know." Chloe hoped Seb would back her story up if Britta spoke to him about it, which she probably would.

"Right so these are my passwords to the lap top and phone, I'd advise you change them to something you're likely to remember. The statement is in this file..." She pointed to a file on the lap top screen, "....ready for Thursday. All you have to do is email it over and wait. I will warn you even though it says there will be no further comments in the statement you will still get a few magazines and papers trying their luck."

"Morning." Seb walked in, freshly showered with a glass of orange juice in his hands.

"It's nearly afternoon Seb." Britta reminded him.

"Ah you can't boss me around now Britta." He gave her a cheeky grin.

"No, but Chloe can. She's in charge of you now."

"I can't wait for her to crack the whip." He looked straight at her.

"You can start by calling me Miss Whiplash." She stuck her tongue out at him, he'd certainly cheered up since 4am.

"And you can call me Mr Superstar." He stuck his tongue out back to her.

"And you can go fu......"

"Oh here we go." Britta interrupted them, "I can see you definitely don't need me anymore! I'm glad I'll be out of it, you two are going to be intolerable to work with!"

"Aw Britta, you know I'll miss you." He sat down next to her and put an arm around her shoulders, "I can't believe tomorrow you fly back home."

"Don't you worry I'll keep an eye on you from a distance! And you know I'll be visiting, don't think you've got away from me that easy!" Britta couldn't help but shed a tear as she leaned towards Seb, "You will look after him won't you Chloe?"

"Of course I will."

"I'm 31 Britta, I can look after myself." He laughed.

"Yeah right. With all the trips back to the hotel for things you've forgotten and me having to look after your passport after you lost it that time!"

"I guess you're right." He sighed, "There'll only be one Britta!"