122. Christkindlimarkt.

Seb glanced at his wife as he drove, she was looking the other way, staring out of the window, cranky and sulking. After spending two days in Italy, he was happy to be home and after staying in all week tied up with long phone calls to Mattia, hours going over data sheets from last years Abu Dhabi Grand Prix while on conference calls with his engineers and watching the last race back he'd decided that they really needed to start doing some Christmas shopping and the day out, for him, was most welcome. Chloe, on the other hand, hadn't been particularly happy with this idea. In fact she hadn't been herself since the whole Stephen incident and all the shit that had been online and in some of the press and despite his best efforts to cheer her up and him pleading with her to forget everything and move on, this week she'd done nothing except laze around on the sofa and sleep. He'd never known her to sleep so much and he was seriously considering getting Antti to look at her diet again to see if he could boost her energy levels. As they entered the outskirts of Zurich he glanced at her again, predictably she'd fallen asleep. He rolled his eyes and turned the car stereo on, letting his phone connect to it and his music begin to play. He turned it up and heard her groan as she woke up.
"Aw Seb, come on, seriously?" She whined and turned her head to look at him.

"I need you awake, we're nearly there." He reached across and took her hand. "You'll love how these places look this time of year. You want to do the mall first or the Christkindlimarkt in the main station?"

"The Christ-what?" She giggled, there were certain words that he said in German that made him sound so damn adorable and she'd just heard a new one.

"I hope you're not taking the piss again Mrs Vettel." He smiled, he could count on one hand the number of times he'd heard her giggle or laugh this week and it was a wonderful sound.

"I can't pronounce it, you need to repeat it."

"Christkindlimarkt, it's a big Christmas market in the main station."

"Oh my god that's a better word than kindergarten!" She giggled again.

"Well at least it's made you laugh."

"Yeah, sorry about that, I know I've been a bit shit this week." She raised his hand to her lips.

"Let's forget Stephen now, let's forget all the shit that went on last week and focus on us and the all the good things we've got coming up. It's time to move on." He reluctantly took his hand back from her hold as he started to navigate his way towards the city centre. He knew she was still hung up over not being able to speak to Michael but for him, with the F1 season about to finish, the winter break about to start and Christmas coming up along with their blessing ceremonies in Heppenheim and Southampton, it was time to move on. They had more important, and happier, things to focus on now.

"You're right." She replied breathily as she remembered telling herself on their wedding day that once she'd dealt with Stephen she'd devote herself to taking care of her husband and his two daughters. Now, it was time to start doing that. If only she could tell her mood swinging, energy zapping hormones that.

"Have you decided where you'd like to go first?" Seb asked after a few minutes of quiet between them.

"What was the market called again?" She grinned as they entered a multi storey car park.

"It's a big Christmas market." He replied as he drove along slowly, looking for a space. "It sells food, drink, handcrafted goods such as jewellery, clothing and traditional toys and the majority of it is all locally made."

"And what was it called?"

"I'm not saying it." He chuckled.

"Oh please! You sound so adorable when you say it!"