26. Hangover.

A little notice: a little content in this one again that some readers may find upsetting.

Chloe stayed leaning against the wall. Her legs felt like jelly. She had removed her shoes and was standing barefoot on the pavement.
"Hey pretty baby, why the tears?" The smaller of the two men approached. "Want us to take you home baby?" She couldn't recognise his accent.

"No." She stood upright and carefully made her way to the pavement's edge.

"Come on, a beautiful woman like you shouldn't be out here alone." He followed and took a step closer.

"Please, just leave me. Back off!" She spat.

"Ok, ok!" The man held his hands up and backed away, "Only trying to help." Just then a black Audi appeared and stopped at the kerb. Chloe immediately knew it was Seb. He didn't get out at first and just opened the passenger door. She stood there, swaying. He was soon out of the car. Taking her shoes from her, he threw them in to the car before turning back to her.

"Seb!" She stepped closer to him and went to wrap her arms around him. Her face was a mess, with smeared lipstick and black mascara trails down her cheeks from crying. He simply took her hand and guided her quickly in to the car. Slamming the door shut once she was in, he allowed himself a deep breath of relief, she was back. She was safe with him. He got in to the car, hoping and praying no one had recognised him and got photos of him rescuing his totalled PA. That would take some explaining if the office back in Italy got sent those. He started the engine before quickly setting the sat nav to take them back to the hotel. He pulled away from the kerb. She really smelled of alcohol and he hoped she wouldn't throw up in the car. She was just gazing out of the window, huddled up to the door. It was as if she was scared of him and wanted to keep as far from him as she could. He turned the radio on to try and fill the silence. No Ordinary Love was playing, he turned it up a little. Her head snapped up as she recognised the track. "Please turn it off." She spoke quietly.

"You have me come to pick you up, drunk at 1.30am, I need the music to stay awake." He replied sharply. "Have you forgotten we have a flight at 6am? The one you booked us on?" He glanced at her again. There were tears, again.

"I can't listen to this, please." She sounded panicky and leaned forward, selecting another radio station. He let it go, anything to stop whatever was going through her mind. After a few more minutes they arrived back at the hotel. He cut the engine and undid his seatbelt turning to look at her. She'd fallen asleep. Great. Now he was going to have to carry her drunk arse up to their room. After getting out of the car he opened her door and carefully scooped her up in to his arms, closing the door shut with his hip. He locked it and carried her inside straight to the lift. As the lift went up, he tenderly kissed her face. He really wished she'd talk to him. He knew whatever it was that had happened to her was eating away at her. He wondered if Stephen had anything to do it, she had been fine until he arrived. Getting in to the hotel room he carefully layed her down on the bed, rolling her over to undo her dress. She was so deeply asleep now that she didn't notice him undressing her. He left her underwear on and covered her up. He quickly got on his mobile and rebooked the flight tickets for midday. There was no way she'd be well enough to go anywhere at 6am. He'd have to call the office later to explain why they'd be late back. Chloe was effectively costing him valuable simulator time. He undressed and sighed heavily as he got in to bed next to her. He looked at her for a few minutes before turning the light off and edging closer to her, moving on to his side to lay his arm over her stomach. It wasn't long before he fell asleep.

                                ~*~

The music was still playing as they continued to sway, she could feel him edging down the thin straps of her dress. She wanted to open her eyes but she couldn't. She could smell his strong spicy fragrance. This was not Michael. The dress fell to the floor. She wanted to push him away, her arms wouldn't move. He pushed her down on to the bed, his heavy weight on top of her's. She wanted to push him off, to say no. Then there was nothing, blackness again.