34. Leaving on a jet plane.

Zipping up her large bright pink suitcase, Chloe let out a deep breath. It was just gone 5pm and she hadn't seen Seb since this morning. He'd clearly been avoiding her. This could turn out to be a very difficult trip. "Shit!" She gasped. The hotel! She had cancelled her room Friday night. She ran downstairs to the lounge and grabbed her lap top, opening it up she quickly got to work to see if she could rebook it or book another room elsewhere. A while later Seb entered the room from the kitchen. He'd been working out with Antti in the gym, followed by a massage to check over the muscles in his neck, shoulders and back. He was now hungry so had cooked up a stir fry. He saw Chloe sitting there, her head in her hands, shaking her head slowly.

"You ok?" He stood in front of her. "Is your head still hurting?"

"I've got nowhere to stay in Melbourne, I cancelled the room Friday night and now I can't get in anywhere near Albert Park." She looked up at him.

"Then you will stay with me." He shrugged his shoulders as though it was that simple. "Come through to the kitchen, I've sorted us some food."

"Thanks, but I'm not hungry." She was finding it hard being in his company without being able to hold him or touch him.

"Antti says you've not eaten since yesterday, please, come and eat something." He looked at her. "You've got a long journey coming up with jet lag at the other end. You need to eat."

"Ok." She stood up and followed him through to the kitchen. She watched as he quickly dished up a chicken stir fry and passed a plate to her.

"Come on, we'll take it back to the lounge. I'll put the tv on." He passed her a knife and fork. She just followed him quietly back in to the lounge. He was being nice, she wasn't sure what to make of it. She sat down on the sofa while he switched the tv on, grabbing the remote. He sat down beside her, but leaving a bit of a gap between them. He selected a channel, thankfully an English one that she could follow. She began to eat, Seb did also. He glanced at her to make sure she was eating. They remained quiet. She noticed Seb seemed to finish his food in record time. Chloe had to leave a little of hers, but she had to admit to herself that she felt a little better for having some food.

"Thanks Seb, that was good." She spoke quietly.

"You've eaten more than I thought you would." He replied, he got up and took her plate from her, he took it with his own through to the kitchen. He returned with two glasses of water, passing one to her. She gave him a small smile as she took it. He put his glass down and sat back in the sofa. She didn't know what to do. She sat there for a while longer.

"I'm going up to my room." She finally broke the awkward silence between them.

"Ok. Get a good night's sleep. We need to leave here at 4am to get checked in at the airport. The flight leaves at 6.20. Make sure you set your alarm." He watched as she got up.

"I'll see you in the morning then." She picked up her lap top and left the room. That had been hard. Seb sat there, thinking about what Antti had told him about how down she was and how she wanted to quit, she was heartbroken. He didn't want this upcoming race to be her first and last with him. He didn't want to her quit. If she left, then he'd have really lost her.

                                ~*~

It was 3am, Monday morning. Seb had just got dressed after having a shower. He felt tired, not only because it was ungodly early but also because he couldn't sleep. He was missing having Chloe next to him like crazy. He left his room and headed down to the kitchen. She was already sitting there, nursing a coffee in her hands, but she wasn't dressed. She looked as tired as he felt. He hoped they'd both get some much needed sleep on the plane. Neither of them spoke as Seb poured himself a glass of orange juice. He looked at her to see her looking back at him. She mumbled something about getting dressed and left her half full mug behind.