Part 5

The day went pretty fast when it got to period 4 I had a text on my phone from maverick, it read ' baby meet me in the gymnasium instead of period 4. Love you Maverick.' I walked toward the gymnasium and met him inside he wanted to spend time with me alone and show me his gymnastics skills. He did a cartwheel, back handspring , back flip , front flip and handstand. I applauded him and he came over and sat on the beam with me. He pulled me close to him and kissed me on the head. " I love you" he said. "I love you too" I replied. We sat there staring at the gym. I wore his senior jacket that had his last  name on the back. The bell rang to go home he jumped off the beam and he carried me down. We grabbed our bags and held hands and walked home. As we were walking a group of mean boys yelled out " Hey look at bakers ugly girlfriend. I bet he couldn't get any other girls so he choose her the fat , ugly one." I started crying. All of a sudden they threw a piece of concrete at the back of my head and It cut the back of my head and I started crying a lot. Maverick had let go of my hand. I turned around and he was punching the guys that were being mean to me. "Don't be rude to my girlfriend she is nothing like what you said she is beautiful, kind and most of all caring. Don't ever let me catch you hurting her or calling her names again or I will be coming after you do you understand me?." Maverick said. " Yes Baker" the boys replied scrambling off.  Maverick had punched them so hard that they were bleeding. He walked back over to me and held my hand and we continued walking. "Thank you for standing up for me." I said. "That is my job. To protect the people I care about the most and I care about you a lot. I love you to the end of the world." He said. We decided while we were walking home that we are going to go back to home schooling. We arrived home we walked down the drive way and into his house cash wasn't home yet. I looked at my phone and I had a text from cash ' I'm going to spend the night at my friends house I'll be home soon to get my stuff.'