Part 7

He kisses me and says " Your quite the nurse". I laugh. He asks me if I want to go for a drive and I said yes. We grab a jumper and he puts his shirt back on and we head to the car. We get in and put our seatbelts on he holds my hand and we start driving we turn on to the high way. When we get off the highway we come to a set of lights. We stop and he says " I love you ". The light turns green and before I could reply a car comes racing through the lights and hits the passenger side door and it all goes black. I wake up the next day in a hospital bed with cash yelling at maverick. " THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT MAVERICK , THAT MY GIRLFRIEND IS IN THE HOSPITAL". Cash yells. " Cash no it isn't my fault". Maverick says. Cash slaps maverick. I yell "CASH GET OUT, IT ISN'T HIS FAULT." Cash leaves and closes the the door. I look at maverick and start crying. He starts crying too he stands at the side of the bed and I put my hand on his cheek. I whisper to him "I love you too". He kisses my hand. He just stares into my bright blue eyes. " Why am I here?". I ask. He replies " When we went for a drive last night a car came through the lights at the wrong time and hit the passenger side door I tried to save you but it hit you . You were bleeding and had bits of glass sticking out I called the ambulance. It was the hardest thing for me to see. I hoped that you would be ok and you are. I hope you know how special you are and I hope you know how much I love you." The doctor came in and cleared me to go home he said maverick to keep me away from anything stress full and to keep and eye on me. We drove home in his fixed car and he carried me in from the car. Cash was sitting on the couch and yelled at maverick " STOP HELPING HER SHE IS MY GIRLFRIEND. SHE IS FINE." He pushes me out of mavericks hands and I fall to the floor. "CASH YOU NEED TO STOP , YOU CLEARLY DONT CARE ABOUT HER IF YOU DID YOU WOULD STOP HURTING HER." Maverick said. "Cash get your stuff and please spend the night at your friends house. Please. He grabs his stuff and leaves. Maverick picks me up and locks the door and carries me to his room. " Are you ok?".he asks "I'm a little sore". I reply. He tucks me in and turns the air-conditioning on. I lean on him and he puts his arm around me and holds my hand. "I promise to never let go of you." He said. I drift off to sleep. The nightmare begins I see blinding headlights coming toward me and I hear screaming and sirens I see a limp body covered with blood being pulled out of a car wreak I see maverick crying. I wake up immediately panting. Maverick turns to me and asks "Are you ok?". "I had a night mare about the crash." I say sobbing. "Nothing can hurt you while you are laying here with me I have got you." He reassures me. All of a sudden I hear a tapping noise from outside mavericks locked door. The hall light suddenly turns on itself. I lean closer to maverick. "Stay here under the covers baby. That way I know your safe. No matter what you hear don't come out" he said. Maverick picks up a baseball bat and walks toward his bedroom door. He opens the door and walks out. He walks toward the lounge room and then I hear a scream. I forgot what he told me and ran out it was dark and tackled a figure to the ground. The figure had a  familiar voice. "Can you let me go please." The voice said. I turned on the light and it was maverick. He just stood there staring and me and then all of a sudden he jumped at me and started kissing me a lot. When he stopped kissing me he said "that was really impressive baby. I didn't know you could do that." I said " I guess that happens when I think you are in danger. I guess I worry about you a lot because I love you. " His cat had jumped at the light switch and that turned on the light and noise was his cat trying to get in the room with us.