Part 24

Maverick was rushed to hospital and taken straight into surgery. Devan and I sat in the waiting room. I sat in my chair and all these bad thoughts ran through my head. I started to cry. I put my head in my hands. I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Are you OK?" I looked up and saw devan looking at me. "Yeah I'm fine I'm just worried that he isn't OK." I said. "Do you want  a hug?" Devan asked. I hugged him "It will be OK. I was here when mychaelade broke your heart , when cash abused you. I haven't see u happy but when you got with maverick he made you happy." Devan whispered to me. The doctor walked toward me "hi, are you here for maverick baker." He asked. " Yes I am, I am his fiancé." I said. "Follow me." He said. I looked back at devan 'go'he mouthed to me. I followed the doctor down the hall. He took me into room 168. I walked in the doorway and saw him laying the bed. I ran straight to him. I hugged him. He winced when I hugged him. "Oh I'm sorry babe." I said. He looked at me and place his hand on my face. "I love you baby. I will take another bullet for you. Quite literally." He said. This made me tear up. "I'm glad your OK." I said. "Me too." He said. The doctor walked back into the room. "OK maverick how are you feeling today?" He said. "I am feeling better doc." He said. "That's good." He said. "Can he come home with me?" I said as I held his hand. He smiled. "He can go home but he needs to be careful." The doctor said. "I will wait outside while you get ready to leave." I said. I walked outside. As maverick went to leave the doctor stopped him and whispered in his ear. "Look I know you love her. But no more taking literal bullets for her or next time you won't be so lucky. " he said. Maverick nodded and walked toward me and held my hand. We went out to were devan was waiting for us. He said he would drive us home. Maverick and I sat in the back holding hands. I leaned my head on his shoulder and fell asleep.