❤ LXXII ❤

-

-

HEIZE'S POV:

I was done with my shoot, it was just a scene where two people have to drink. I sipped twice on my wine, it didn't made me dizzy. It was fine.

Even Park Jiyeon acted cleverly by not troubling me. I felt relieved she didn't said something rude or framing me but there were more days to come. I've to face her.

I was waiting for Michel to come, it was a while she didn't came from fuelling my car so I decided to call her.

Before I could make the call, I saw Taehyung walking towards me after talking with Producer San. Unconsciously, I froze and lowered my lashes.

I thought that Taehyung would ignore me, walking by as usual, but this time, he had stopped directly in front of me.

My heart beat rapidly. Anxiously, I lifted my head to look at Taehyung.

He remained impassive, his gaze focused on my mobile phone without any emotion.

I was already immune to Taehyung's cold manner, but I didn't understand why he would stare at my phone with such intensity.

My fingers froze from Taehyung's frosty gaze. I moved them unnaturally, clenching the phone tighter. Since Taehyung showed no intention of speaking, I tried to shield my embarrassment by changing the topic.

"Err, thank you for helping me out back there."

Truthfully, the fact that Taehyung would help me out in that kind of situation left me totally and utterly flattered. In that instance, I felt as though my heart had blossomed, I felt pure happiness. 

Even though it had been an hour, warmth and sweetness still squeezed my heart whenever I thought of it.

He had actually helped me... Did that mean.. deep inside his heart, he didn't hate me that much?

Taehyung heard me, and his gaze slowly shifted from my phone to my face.

NO ONE'S POV:

As the dim street lighting hit her white porcelain skin, her features softened, making her look sweet and gentle.

Right then, the image of her placating manner in front of producer San flashed past Taehyung's mind. His expression closed up and in a tone without any warmth, he said, "You're thinking too much."

Heize lifted her head in doubt. Thinking too much?

Taehyung's mesmerizing lips curved into a sardonic smile and the frosty voice continued, "I wasn't helping you, I just didn't want to bring trouble to myself. A newbie acting as the first female lead in this film would definitely stir gossip and, since you're acting alongside me, I didn't want any of your bad reputation to affect me."

He wasn't trying to help her, he was just trying to save himself from trouble. She was thinking too much after all... 

Heize lowered her lashes, shielding her disappointment. Her lips trembled as she wordlessly tightened the grasp she had on her skirt.

Taehyung glanced coldly at Heize, then brushed past her in long strides.

For a long time after Taehyung left, Heize remained motionless. Only when a sharp honk pierced the night did she blink, coming back to her senses. Michel had arrived with the car.

Heize entered the car and sat down.

"There was a car accident that jammed the road for 30 mins," Michel explained while driving.

Heize remained silent, tilting her head to the side, looking out the window.

Michel took one glance at the back mirror before making a turn. "Mrs Heize, thank goodness for Kim Taehyung. I didn't expect him to actually help you out."

The minute she heard that, Heize clenched her lips, shutting her eyes.

Michel continued, "I guess Kim Taehyung still remembers past ties. After all, you have known each other for so many years, saying a few words should be nothing."

Past ties... That wasn't his intention at all. He was just worried about gossip. She had been too naive, feeling as though she had struck the lottery with just a few words.

She should have known that Kim Taehyung would not have helped her... She was indeed thinking too much.

How could she forget, he had once used a resolute tone to inform her: no matter where we're, don't except anything from me. You're just a normal wife who should take care of my needs whenever I say.

Noting that Heize wasn't speaking, Michel couldn't help reaching over to nudge her. "What is it? Something wrong?"

"No." Heize didn't open her eyes, afraid that she would tear up in front of Michel. "The alcohol is making me tired."

"Oh, then you should sleep, I'll wake you up when we reach your home."

Heize agreed lightly, and the car sank into silence.