❤ LXXIX ❤

When Kim Taehyung changed his shoes, he remembered what Madam Sejeong had just said. Without shifting his eyes, he carried Kim Heize while telling Madam Sejeong, who was putting the shoes away, in a flat tone, "Nothing much, the missus was just on her period."

Kim Taehyung paused for a while, then remembered the doctor's instructions and said, "Make more nutritional foods for the missus to nourish the body."

As soon as Madam Sejeong heard that it was the period, she instantly felt relieved and nodded without hesitation in response to Kim Taehyung's instructions.

The bed cover and quilt cover on the bed had already been changed by Madam Sejeong. Kim Taehyung put Heize down. He pulled over the covers and didn't forget to turn up the central heating in the room by two degrees. Then he walked out of the bedroom, back to the entrance. The assistant was still waiting at the door.

Kim Taehyung silently glanced over at the assistant, but then strode over to the balcony.

The assistant hurriedly caught up.

Kim Taehyung was away from the bedroom and kitchen by the time he stopped. Having done an all-nighter, he pulled a cigarette out from his pocket. 

He lit it up and took two hard drags before he told the assistant, "I won't be going to the office for a while. If there's anything that can be pushed back, do that. If there's something really urgent, send me an email. I'll handle it at night. Try not to call me."

Kim Taehyung took another hard drag and added in calm voice, "I want to stay at home with her for some time."

The assistant knew the "her" Kim Taehyung mentioned referred to Mrs Heize. He nodded and said, "Understood, Mr Kim."

Kim Taehyung thought about it for a moment, then instructed him, "Also, her scenes in 'Her Scent' for the next five days, delay them. The doctor says, she needs at least seven days rest."

"I'll contact the director."

Kim Taehyung didn't say anything.

The assistant waited a while, and said, "Mr. Kim, is there anything else?"

Kim Taehyung's eyes fell on a rose that bloomed not too far away in the balcony. He stared straight at it for a long while before turning to say to the assistant, "Her... miscarriage, don't let her know..."

"But what do we do if Mrs Heize senses something wrong?"

"I'll tell Madam Sejeong that her period came, and I'll talk with the hospital. They won't leak any information. Also, check to see if anyone followed us and took photos. If they did, then stop them. I've spoken to the doctor. They say that after the operation, besides feeling weak, she'll feel a little bloated, no different from a period."

Kim Taehyung took another drag, and with hints of sadness in his voice said, "No matter what happens, just do as I tell you to. I just can't imagine what would happen if I told her when she woke up that she'd lost her child, not to mention..."

At this point, Kim Taehyung felt like something was lodged in his throat. It was unbearably painful. He stopped for a long while. His voice quivered slightly when he spoke again. "This was all my fault to begin with, let me be the only one punished. I really don't want to see her sad."

If it weren't for him, last night's tragedy would have never had happened.

Considering she spent last night unconscious, and knew nothing, let her continue to stay that way.

The loss of a child. The insufferable pain.

That kind of pain, only he should have to endure.

The assistant looked on silently, watching as Kim Taehyung took one drag after another. At that exact moment in time, his face clearly looked laid-back and virtuous, but yet, he gave off hints of devotion and persistence.

In that instant, the assistant didn't quite know what to say. From the bottom of his heart, he thought that a lot of people made mistakes in this world and worked hard to keep it hidden, but mostly so that others didn't hate them or because they didn't dare face the truth in their heart. Yet Mr. Kim was hiding because it was too painful.

The two of them were silent for a long time before the assistant snapped out of his wild thoughts. He broke the silence. "Mr. Kim, if there's nothing else, I'll be o to the my way to the office now."

Kim Taehyung nodded with a "mm". The assistant slightly bowed, then turned to leave.

-

Kim Heize woke up at three in the afternoon.

After sleeping for as long as eighteen hours, when she opened her eyes, her mind was a little fragmented, and her memory didn't quite connect together.

She blankly laid in bed for a while, before she realized that she was in her room in Kim's Penthouse. Then she slowly remembered that she was clearly with Michel in the car last night when she fell asleep for some reason on the way back home.

Kim Heize tilted her head, and glanced over at the time on the wall. It was already three in the afternoon. She actually slept for that long?

Surprised, she wanted to get out of bed, but she realized that her entire body was so weak that she hardly had any strength in her.

She furrowed her brows, feeling that something was wrong with her body; she had lost a lot of strength. Uncertain, she flipped the covers over and got out of bed.

There wasn't a single person in the bedroom. Beyond the closed windows, the sun was bright.

Kim Heize treaded on the fluffy rug on the floor and walked out of the bedroom. She walked bare-footed across the cold floor towards the hall. Then she called, "Madam Sejeong?"

She was surprised to see Housekeeper Sejeong who worked before in her mother-in-law's house. She didn't mind at all why she was suddenly hired. Maybe Taehyung did because she doesn't do household work.

Perhaps it was because she had slept for so long, her voice was a little hoarse. She clearly tried to shout, but her voice was very low. So she cleared her throat and tried again, louder this time. "Madam Sejeong!"

Who would have guessed, Madam Sejeong didn't appear, but the study room door nearby opened.

Kim Heize turned her head to see Taehyung walk out. She was a little astonished to find him home, and stood stunned for a while. The next second, Taehyung furrowed his brows, taking big strides over to her and unexpectedly picking her up in his arms. Then he gently asked, "Why are you calling for Madam Sejeong?"

Kim Heize was a little stunned by Kim Taehyung's sweep. She blinked, then answered, "I'm thirsty."

Kim Taehyung turned his head and cried out, "Madam Sejeong."

His voice was louder than hers by far. Madam Sejeong immediately ran out of the kitchen. "Mr. Kim, what are your orders?"

As Madam Sejeong asked, she lifted her head to see Kim Heize in Kim Taehyung's arms. With surprise in her eyes, she immediately asked, "Missus, you're awake?"

"Pour a cup of water, send it in my room." Kim Taehyung impassively threw her those words. With Kim Heize in his arms, he walked back into the room and put her down on the bed. He pulled over the covers, then said, "Your body isn't well right now, you must rest more in bed."

Kim Heize heard Taehyung's words, then came to the realization that her stomach felt bloated, and there was a sanitary pad in her underwear.

Her period actually arrived whilst she was asleep?