❤ LXXXI ❤

_

_

Kim Taehyung furrowed his brows, and as though lightning had struck his mind, a series of thoughts flashed through his head...

He was clear that Heize had been vomiting that night, but he had simply assumed that she had because of alcohol. 

In the morning she had received a call from Prosecutor Jimin regarding Jungkook...

After that her vomiting seemed to have subsided, so he assumed that she was getting better and had calmed down a little.

He had even decided her visit to the hospital as he felt suspicious in the early morning, but after she entered the car, she gasped in sudden pain made it obvious that something wasn't right with her.

On hindsight, Heize never seemed to have cramp problems, the nausea was because of the pregnancy and when she had a miscarriage, the nausea stopped as well.

"Mr. Kim?" Madam Sejeong  looked at Kim Taehyung, who stood by the study room in silence, his gaze focused on the lamp in the living room. He looked to be deep in thought.

When he came back to his senses, there wasn't much expression on his face. In his usual calm, frosty voice, he replied, "Forget it, heat some milk for Mrs. Kim, she just ate an hour ago, she's probably still full."

"Yes, Mr. Kim."

Kim Taehyung nodded.

Madam Sejeong walked back to the kitchen, and Kim Taehyung's gaze fell back to the lamp.

When Madam Sejeong heated some milk and brought it out of the kitchen, she noticed that Kim Taehyung was still standing by the study room. She was mesmerized for a heartbeat. The dim warm lights from above the stairs scattered across his face, blurring his features.

She froze slightly. "Mr. Kim? Why are you still here?"

"Yea," he replied faintly before looking towards the milk in her hands. "Give it to me."

Madam Sejeong hurriedly brought the cup over.

Kim Taehyung turned and walked back up to the bedroom where Heize was cuddled in, watching television. When she heard the door open, she took a quick look before focusing her attention back on the television.

Taehyung walked to the bed and passed the milk over. "Madam Sejeong just heated it."

Heize looked up at him, her gaze staying a while longer, seemingly in a struggle. In the end, she reached out and hugged the cup of milk with both hands, taking small sips as she watched the television.

Taehyung didn't leave. He stood by the bed, his gaze on Heize. Then he suddenly asked, "Have you been distressing or disturbing experience?"

"No.." Heize was confused by his random question, she shook her head and turned to look at him. "Why?"

"Nothing," he replied faintly before taking two steps back to lean on the vanity table. After a while, he asked again, "I heard that you brought two bottles of wine back home?"

Heize took another sip of milk before nodding. She remembered the layers of smells and aromas perceived in a wine. ... Chocolaty: The flavors and mouthfeel associated with chocolate, typically among rich red wines such as Cabernet Sauvignon and Pinot noir.

"You like it? There isn't much left, I'll get Madam Sejeong to buy more tomorrow," Taehyung said without emotion in his voice.

Taehyung seemed to be trying to talk to her... Even though Heize had been upset and had made up her mind to ignore him, she could no longer suppress herself after all his kind acts.

"It's fine," Heize rejected decisively, but when she saw Taehyung's lips press together, her heart clenched slightly. She held onto the cup of milk a little tighter, her eyes lowered. 

After a moment of silence, she spoke again. "I don't really like the wine, it was given to me by Park Jiyeon a few days ago when I visited on set. I gave a portion to Michel and kept the rest."

The wine was indeed given by Park Jiyeon... when he was in the living room, he had suspected, but he needed a confirmation from Heize, besides, she mentioned that she didn't have distressing or disturbing experience.

Just then, a wild thought entered his mind. He wasn't sure if it was true, but ever since she was young, she didn't have a good relationship with Park Jiyeon, hence he might be over thinking.

Kim Taehyung remained silent, nodding towards Heize before replying causally, "Oh..."

"Yea," Heize agreed faintly, not knowing how to continue.

Silence fell on the room. Heize continued to drink her milk, and when she finished, Taehyung reached out his arm to take cup. He then removed the pillow she had used for back rest, then faintly said, "Sleep."

Heize didn't reply, she laid down silently and shut her eyes. She could vaguely feel Taehyung standing by the door, looking down at her for a while before leaving the room.

Taehyung placed the empty cup in the kitchen basin and retrieved a paper towel to wipe his wet hands. Instead of returning to the bedroom, he walked to the side of the kitchen to send his assistant a text, [Come to Kim's Penthouse.]

After less than a minute, his assistant replied. Kim Taehyung placed the phone back into his pocket and returned to the bedroom as though nothing had happened.

Heize laid on the bed, seemingly asleep. He switched off the main lights, leaving only a tiny night light on, then walked to the edge of the bed and covered her with a blanket before dimming the night light, after which he walked to the balcony.

Heize was still awake. The bedroom was silent, and even though Taehyung had tried to keep quiet, she could still hear and sense him when he was close, or when he had walked away. When he had tucked her in, her entire body was tensed up. After a seemingly long time, she finally entered deep sleep.

Taehyung's phone vibrated, and when he reached for it, he saw a text from his assistant. He looked out the floor to ceiling window and saw a car arriving. He turned, then before leaving the room, he took one last look at Heize.

He walked to the kitchen and removed a bottle of wine before walking out of the house.

His assistant was already waiting for him.

Deep in the night, there was barely any sound. Taehyung placed his finger on his lips to signal for his assistant to keep quiet as he led them away from the house.