1- Home Sweet Home

I lean my head back to the headrest and rethink my entire plan.

1. Call the house hideous or disgusting.
2. Find out problems with the house.
3. Convince mom to leave the house and return back home.

Charlie puth blasting through my earphones. I feel the car slow down and immediately look up to see my mom parking the car in front of a garage door. She is the first to leap out of the car and grins from ear to ear.

"let's goooooo" she coos.

She has been trying really hard to keep us happy and is acting all cheery since she and dad got divorced. And that's why we had to move out because dad got the custody of our previous house and our mom got us. Me and my stinky ass of a brother. Tyler 

"wake Tyler" she says before opening the trunk to take out our bags.

An evil smile creeps onto my face as I see my brother sleeping peacefully next to me. He is a deep sleeper...

I take out my earphones and plug then into tyler's ears, I increase the volume to the highest and tap in the loudest song in my library and hit play.

he wakes up with a jerk, banging his head to the back of the passenger's seat.

"what the hell amber?" he screams.

"that......was....worth....it, "I say in between laughter and tyler joins in.

"guys we have alot to carry so chop chop quick" my mom says as she sees us dying with a fit of laughter

remembering my plan i exit the car and turn toward my mom

"mom the house is hid-" i begin but stop short when i turn to see the house.

well, my plan shattered to pieces as the house turns out to be mesmerizing. it is of two stories and consists of a garage and a beautiful lawn with fences surrounding the house. there is a small pavement leading the way to the main door with pebbles lining it up. there is a small table with chairs in the lawn and small plant pots line up the borders of the house. the house looks aesthetically pleasing and i mentally curse myself.

"oh" is all I say after I take in the beauty of the house.

"I know right" my mom squeals.

"now amber get the bags, don't want u drooling over the house" my brother breaks me from my thoughts

"pfft, I wasn't drooling it's not THAT nice" I defend myself

"really, cuz you got a little drool right there" he points to the corners of my lips.

I roll my eyes and head to the car for our bags as I reach the doorstep my mom says,

" the house is furnished so no need of any new pieces of furniture, its already given" she explains

"mom we know what a furnished house is" my brother retorts rolling his eyes.

I ignore their arguments and make my way up the stairs and I am stuck.

"mom which is my room?" I yell so she can hear me.

"the first one on the right," she says.

I walk up to my 'new room' and take in the surroundings, there is a queen sized bed up the corner of the room and a bedstand next to it, there is a walk-in closet and beside it is the bathroom. the one thing that caught my eye in the entire room was the window seat which I am pretty sure I will fall in love with. the sun directly enters through the window seat making it more helpful to read a book. sheer curtains layer on opposite sides of the window billowing wave-like shadows around the room. 

I plop down onto my bed thinking "how do i survive this new life?"

----------------------------—––----

Thanks for reading

Vote. Comment. Share.