37- The Lady In Scarlet

Hannah.

Her name circles my mind, searching for possibilities on why would she ever take up this job.

"what the fuck are you doing here?" I ask.

"same as what you are doing" she says with a fake smile.

"why?"

"there's a hell lot of money... So why would I refuse such a great offer"

"how did you even know?"

"I knew from the very beginning there was something real shady about you. Never expected you to be the one doing this job"

"don't you dare fucking tell anyone about this"

"you mean... Don't tell amber?" she smirks.

"or.. Why she gonna leave you for doing thus dirty business?" he fake pouts.

"shut the fuck up Hannah... And I swear to God you tell her anything about this, I am gonna ruin your life"

"oh please caiden, like I don't have anything better to do than go snitch to your pretty lady"

"argh...hannah let's just get this over with, let's go" I say and wave over to the car.

She walks up and I open the door for her and he gets in. I circle to the driver's side and get in.

"still the same manners I see"

"how... About we just don't talk the whole drive"

"urgh... Such a boomer"  she huffs.

After atleast 30 minutes we reach out destination, I pass on the keys to the staff and open the door for Hannah. She takes my hand and steps out fixing her dress.

We enter the luxurious mansion her arm around my arm. I try to take out my arm from hers. But she pulls back and whispers

"we need to act like a couple.. Ortherwise our cover will blow off"

"who even said you that?"

"boss.. Duh, didn't your dad tell you all this?" she asks with a question.

"actually, he dint fucking tell me. So please be my guest Hannah"

"okay... So in the guest list, it's Mr and Mrs Anderson, and we have a package of pick up from a dude wearing a green coat and blue pants. The package comes in a small pouch. We get that say goodbye to all and leave. Done " she says with a smile.

"fine.. Let's just get this over with and don't fuck this up"

She rolls her eyes we enter the party, wide smiles on our face.

We meet and greet some people that seem familiar and I keep a searching, eye out for a dude in  green coat.

A waitress walks over to offering me champagne, I take a glass and search for Hannah around the ballroom.

I see her talking to an aged man wearing lots of gold rings and chains, Hannah seductively running her hand over his shoulders, I walk over to them without her letting mess up this delivery.

"hey, beautiful"  i say in the most approving manner.

"hey, there caiden"

"how about we go for a walk hun?" I say eying the man next to her.

"oh, okay, see you later Mr. West" she winks and leaves.

I grab her by her arm and move her to a side.