34 - My Angel

Caiden's pov

I button up my light blue shirt and pull on my dark blue dress pants tucking in my shirt. Keeping the first button of my shirt open or that thing chokes me to death. I walk to my bedside table and put on a watch and spray some body spray and grab my dark blue blazer and put on some dark brown shoes.

*his outfit's picture below*

Amber said the dinner was by 8:30 and now it's 8:00.

The whole day I have been stressing about this dinner and the job I have to do for my father.

I sit down my hands on my head when my phone begins to ring. I look at the caller ID, it's amber.

" hey love."

"hi, so are you ready?"

" yep, what about you?"

I try to be cheery and happy for amber so that I don't mess up her day.

"yeah done just putting on my accessories.

" can I see what you are wearing? "

" no! It's a surprise "

" okay, so how many people are coming? "

" oh it's just you, Paul, Tyler and his friend, but my mom's making all of us wear formal and she has been preparing the whole day and she isn't letting me help"

"its okay baby, mabye she's just excited"

"yeah, she really wants us to meet Paul and she's excited to see you too"

"yeah. I hope Paul's not as good looking as me, otherwise my value will decrease".

"yeah right, but you are always valuable for me, anyways I gotta go. Don't disturb a girl while she is getting ready"

"okay bye I'll just leave home"

"bye" she says and the line goes silent.

I take my necessities and walk out of my house and entering inside my car.

I switch on the engine, when my phone begins to ring again.

I pick up the call asumming it's amber.

"hello son"

Ah! Fuck.

"yes" I say harshly and drive of my porch.

"the jobs tomorrow, you need to deliver a package and get a package for me"

"how do I know I'll not be caught?"

"cause the cops are on my payroll"

"it's fucking nasty how you bribe every-fucking-one"

"that's how I live. Meet me at the same spot tomorrow 6:00 am, I'll give you the details"

He says and I cancel the call.

I stop at a store and pick up some red wine and drive to Amber's house.

I park in her driveway and notice another car that isn't Tyler's or her moms.

I ring the bell and Hailey opens the door and bright smile on her face, she's wearing an apron which is filled with food particles and she looks totally out of place.

"hey, you okay?"

"yeah, perfect. Come in take a seat" she says and signals to the couch and person stands up from the couch.

He's lean, tall and his hair is cut short, wearing black dress pants and white dress t shirt. He shoves his hands into his pockets.

"hi" he says and stretches out his hand.

"hello, I am caiden"

"oh you are caiden, I have heard so much about you!"

"I hope all good things" I say chuckling

"yea all good ones, by the way my name is Paul."

"oh Paul as in Hailey's boyfriend. I have wanted to meet you"

"okay now I got to go dress up. Paul you are up for the desserts, and tyler whers Tyler. Anyhow tell him he's up for the drinks and caiden if you don't mind, there's two dishes in the oven when it's done just sprinkle parmesan on them please"

"my pleasure" I answer.

"okay now I am off, I'll inform amber you're here"

I nod and tyler comes walking down the steps wearing a dark brown dress pants and a white dress shirt tucked in. He styled his hair back.

"caiden! What's up?"

"I am good what about you?" I say and we a bro-shake.

"yeah all good"

"hey Tyler, help me go to Amber's room"

"what no! Amber would freak, she isn't even letting me see her outfit"

"okay, anyhow let's head to the kitchen" I say sighing.

"whose your plus one by the way?" I ask.

A doorbell is heard and winks at me.

"the answer to your question" he chuckles.

He opens the door and a boy walks in.
Wearing a dark black dress pants a blazer and a tie.

He looks around and sees none of us wearing tie and quickly unties it and puts it in his back pocket.

I chuckle. "so this is Jonathan" Tyler announces.

"hey Jonathan" I am Paul say in sync and start laughing.

"hey aren't you in the football team?"
I ask at the familiar face.

"yeah, I am the new quarterback after Wilson got injured"

"oh yeah. Ive seen you"

"and Tyler's the new defense after I was shifted to quarterback" he says and we all nod.

"okay back to work or else Hailey will kill us all"

We finish out work and I get a text from Amber saying they're both done.

As instructed me and Paul stand at the end of the stairs and wait for them to walk down.

As soon as amber comes into my view, I am shocked by her appearance.

She wears beautiful peach colored dress. The dress ends a little above her ankle and has beautiful floral designs, the top of the dress drapes over her shoulders. And she wears light brown sandals along with them her hair down with a french braid crown.

I stand there jaw dropped looking at my gorgeous girlfriend walking down the steps carefully trying not to trip on her dress. she looks absolutely angelic as she walk down come onto me and pushes my lower jaw up with her thumb and blushes a deep red.

I immediately extend my hand for her to get down the last step and she holds on to me.

She gets down and I kiss her forehead and comes by my side and we walk a step back to let Paul stand at the end of the stairs.

Haley walk doem the stairs a minute later wearing a light blue dress, her hair up in a pin and with some soft makeup.she looks young and fresh. Paul extends put his arm for her to hold and she meets her wyes with mine and smiles.

"welcome" Hailey says with a smile.

And we all start walking towards the dining table..

--------------------
SO doen with this chapter.
I know I have AWOL but I had my exams and all. So sorry.

But here it is!

Comment and vote❤️