3- Charging Failure

The hideous music of my clock wakes me up from my peaceful sleep. My eyes flutter open and I reach out to and take my eye cap off, I turn around to see the time great its 12:30 just 30 minutes before my mom comes to leave . And walk to the bathroom and brush my teeth and comb my hair before hopping onto the shower. The hot water wakes me up from my slumber and I wrap myself in my fluffy bathrobe. I run down to the boxes on my bedroom floor marked 'clothes ' and dig in for some clothes. I pull out a light blue jeans and a 'au revoir' sweatshirt and walk down to my dresser to dry my hair and make a Dutch braid from each sides of my cherry colored hair.

I walk to my nightstand to grab my phone when I switch it on it doesn't.

"WHAT the hell" I mumble.

That's when I connect my eyes to the plug to see the most horrible thing ever.

I FORGOT TO SWITCH ON THE PLUG!

my mom knocks on the door

"amber we are leaving you better be down right now" she warns.

I open the Door and stare at her blue ocean eyes. I got my eye color from hers.

"mumiforgottoswitchontheplugofmyphonebeforesleeping" I say without a pause.

"honey we gotta go C'mon" she says

"but no charge... My phone..... I can't... Go" I say.

"you can use the power bank" she says

"mum I forgot to charge the power bank, I didn't need it anyway" I point.

"amber it'll be fine let's just go, I need to be back by 4 so I can head for work" she says.

"but my phone" I whine.

"we didn't have phone in our time, still we survived, we are leaving"
she ends the conversation by leading me down stairs in to the kitchen.

"why doesn't Tyler have to go shopping?" I ask

"because he already brought his necessities from back home" Tyler says with a grin.

"take my phone plug it in charge and SWITCH ON THE CHARGER, get it??"  I tell Tyler.

"aye aye captain" he says and exits the kitchen.
I turn to see my mum outside the door already walking up to the car.

"mum what about breakfast" I say as I head to the shoe box.

"we will eat outside, now move it amber let's go" she says.

I nod and grab a pair of converse before slipping them onto my feet.
I check myself in mirror hung up on our wall and exit the house and lock the boor behind me.
I open the door of the passesenger seat, and get inside my mum's audi A8. She got it from her job because she was the reason they earned a Michelin star. Cool i know right.

As I put seat belt on my mum says.

"excited for tomorrow?"

"nope" I huff.

"it'll be fine amber you will get new friends and it'll be fun, just be a little less stubborn" she says.

I roll my eyes at her 'motherly talk' when she is the reason I got my stubbornness.

After driving for about 10 minutes we reach a mall. What a MALL?

"mum what are we doing at a mall?" I ask

" WE. ARE. HERE. FOR. SHOPPING." she says each slowly

I roll my eyes "mum I know that but why a mall?"

"because it better." she says as she parks the car into the parking lot.

"fine as u like" I say before exiting the car.