22- Parental Questions

We take a seat together me adjacent to my mom and caiden opposite of my mom.

"name?" she asks caiden.

"umm, caiden Anderson"

"what are you to my daughter?".

"mom really!" I exclaim when my m cuts me of.

"amber shushh, do you like my daughter, or do you wanna play her or do want to be with her for a dare? " my mom asks.

"ma'am-"

" Hailey is fine"

"OK, Hailey..., if I had the chance I would love to bash Aaron's face, and anyone should happily lucky to atleast spend time with your daughter"  caiden answers and I look up from my seat to see him staring at me, I  analyze what he just said and look down to hide me red cheeks. I look up to my mom, to see her lips curl slightly but she quickly recovers and shoots another question.

"how do I know she is going to be safe with you?"

" ma- Hailey, I get her home everyday before curfew and you have my number for safety purposes and she is going to be the safest around me, because who would want to protect her"

"hmm........ thank you caiden for your time, I would love to meet the woman who raised you"

"mom-" I start but caiden cuts me off.

"Hailey my mom is in a good place, a place we all have to go, my mom passed away when I was 12" caiden says.

"caiden........ Sweetie, you are always welcome at my house, I'll be the mother figure you missed out on"

I just sit there jaw dropped at the conversation with my mom and caiden.

What the hell?

My mom get up from her seat and shakes her hand with caiden and pulls me with her to the kitchen. I quickly mouth a 'ill be back' to caiden and follow my mom.

"well he is nice"

"mom, we just met, there is nothing going on" I quickly say

"yeah, yeah. By the way you guys are endgame. I can feel it" she starts squealing.

"mom, keep it down and stop overreacting" i say rolling my eyes.

My mom leans in and whispers in my ear.

"I wanna call him son-in-law" she says leaving me to clean up this confused mess.

I walk out the door and see caiden leaning on his challenger, as soon as he sees me he straightens up and clears his throat.

"umm..... Did you-"

"amber, I did I really did mean everything I said, I really do want to punch the Aaron guy and yes I do care about you and I will protect you and keep you safe, amber I will never let you get hurt from my sight" he says in one breath.

"actually....... I was going to ask whether you felt that awkward or just I did?" I say chuckling and falling in love with the answer he said.

Instantly caiden's check turn into a a very deep shade of red and he turns his head to the side.

I step closer to him and turn his head to face me, he avoids my eyes with embarrassment.

" I loved that answer" I say and crash my lips against his. He wraps his arm around my waist the way I love it as he does that and I cup his cheek with both my hands and pull his face close to mine, our lips moving in sync. We break apart to catch our breaths.

"I need to go, or else my mom will think you kidnapped me" I say chuckling and kissing his cheek and turning back and entering my house, I shut the door and lean against the door replaying our kiss and listening to the sound of caidens chevrolet drive by.

"ahem, you done daydreaming bout' caiden cause' , I need to talk to you" Tyler says and walks up the stairs.

I reach the his room door and knock on it, he opens after a few seconds.

"did you ask mom, about the trip?" he asks.

In the midst of all this I forgot about the field trip this Monday.

I quickly rush downstairs and bump in to mom.

"mom there is this field trip organized by our school, it's a visit to this museum and blah blah" I explain.

"yeah your school emailed me about it"

"so can me and tyler go?"

"okay, but I need all details."

"yes, so like we'll leave in morning and then we might return by night" I explain.

"is caiden going to?" she asks nudging my tummy.

"yes, obviously" I say laughing nervously and treading up the stairs to hide my lie.

"bye mom, goodnight"

"night'"

I plop down on my bed and take out my phone and text caiden.

Me: hey.

Caiden: hey

Me: this field trip are you going?

Caiden: if you want me to.

Me: I actually do. :)

Caiden: okay then, I'll be there princess. ;)

Me: so we moved from 'love' to 'princess' huh?

Caiden: so you like the nick names.

Me: NO!

Caiden: okay whatever helps you sleep at night.

Me : anyway I was gonna ask all of them, if they were going. So you are no special.

Caiden: that hurt love.

Me: thank god it did.

Caiden: anyway, so on monday morning I'll be there first thing to pick you up, alright.

Me: cool:) NIGHT.

Caiden: night.