18- Rivalry

I walk out of the bathroom in sweatpants and a sweatshirt. when I don't spot caiden in the room I walk up to the bed and get in the blankets and sit up staring at the wall. Minutes later caiden walks in holding two paper bags filled with food I hope.

He is dressed in black sweatpants and a white shirt. He walks with his head hung low with a frown on his face, as soon as he spots me, his frown drops and his light up and he smiles from cheek to cheek.

"hey" he says walking up to me with the food bags.

"hi" i reply. "is that food?" I ask as the grumble from my stomach gets louder.

"oh yeah. You gotta eat" he says as he chuckles. And gets to the side of the bed and hands me one of the brown bags.

"caiden!" I gasp as I notice his busted knuckles, all bashed and have deep cuts and flinch at the thought of how much it would have hurt. I grab the pack of food and put it aside as I take caiden's hand in mine and examine his busted knuckles.

"you need to get this cleaned. Other wise it gonna get infected" I say looking up at him.

"it's fine. I am fine I washed it with water" he says nonchanlty

"what no?" I say as I get out of bed and hold his hand and lead him to the bathroom.

"ohh...... Somebody's desperate" caiden says with a smirk.

Yeah you wish.

"eww no!. Caiden it's not a joke, we need to clean this" I say as i point him to sit on the edge of the bathtub.

I swear I hear caiden mumble under his breath "I have had worse".

I debate whether to ask him how or not and go with it.

"how did it happen?" I ask as I open the hot water side of the tap and dip a towel in the hot water.

" at gym" he says and I dab his hand with the cloth. He barely flinched at the touch of the cloth with his knuckles.

"how?" I ask again.

"well. I wanted to steam off and let's just say I didn't wear gloves and I tore one sandbag." I stare wide eyed at his confession.

After applying some cream in his knuckles I tell him he is free to go and I start washing the bloody cloth.

See what I did there?.' bloody cloth'.

Ehehehehehe.

I'll stop.

Just as I put the cloth in the water. Caiden beats me to it by grabbing the cloth and just tossing it into the dustbin.

He leads me out of the bathroom and into the bed and signals for me to eat.
Just one question circles my mind.

"why did were you pissed?" I say as I take a bite of the burger.

"because it's my fault this happened to you"

"what? No caiden its not" I say as I place my burger into the side and hold his hand.

"yes!. It is amber you don't get it! It is my fault" he says standing up and tugging his hair.

"if you think it is..... "

"explain caiden"

I say and pick up my burger to eat it

What? I am starving.

The bed dips next to me, and his brown eyes stare intensely into my blue ones. He takes a deep breath before starting.

"Dylan is known in the entire school as my rival. Like even the youngest kid knows about my and dylan's rivalry. And he is from Westside high our rival school. So mabye because Dylan saw you hanging out with me or one snitch from our school told him, and that's why he did that fucking shit to you".

"because of me"

He finishes.

"no, no, no. Caiden I am not letting you take the blame!. " I say and he smiles lightly.

"why are you smiling" I ask trying to look intimidating.

"cause you look cute when you are bossy" he says.

"not the time caiden. And please can we not tell anyone about this please."

"if you say so."

"umm caiden I need to get home. We have school tomorrow and my mom would be worried sick."

"uhh.okay I'll drop you off"

"after I finish my burger" I say taking a bite again.

"alright" he chuckles.

.............................