Chapter 4: This Is Gonna Hurt

It's been a month since the whiskey incident. Nikki and I have hardly seen each other in the past two weeks. I model, he's been in the studio and doing interviews. They're working out more details about the tour. I'm excited, but sad about that part too. I'll be away from Nikki and the other guys for months on end... I'll be so lonely.

I've grown really close with all the guys this past month. I like Vince more than I thought I would, but I think I'm still closer to Tommy. Mick just does his own thing but we still are as close as I think we could ever be. Me and Nikki are still super close, we talk on the phone when we get the chance. I've stayed over at his house a few times but they still have parties and I have to be up for early shoots.

I still have the job at the Rainbow too, so I get to see them sometimes when I work, but it's not the same. I kind of feel like our lives are going in different directions at times. I may start to look for another modeling agency if so. I have been looking at apartments recently, and I'm finally making enough to be able to save some up! Nikki told me that he would help me out, but I can't ask him to do that, I would feel too guilty.

As I clean, I hear my phone ring from the kitchen. I pick it up, hearing Vince on the other line.

"Hey, Mel, Nikki kind of got into a car crash last night"

"What? List night? How? Is he okay?"

"All I know is that he had to have surgery on his shoulder. Some elderly couple drove him to the hospital and he got them to call management. They literally just now told us."

"Fuck... T- Thank you, Vince."

He gives me the name of the hospital and room number and I drop it everything that I'm doing to see him. I swear, I can never let him out of my sight, he always gets into something.

Once I make it to the hospital, I rush to the floor he's on. A nurse is inside his room with Tommy, Vince, and their manager. I despite practically running up here, I quietly walk in the room to look at Nikki. He's still asleep, but he looks real beat up.

"Oh shit, Melody, you don't have to sneak up on us like that" Tommy says.

"Oh... I'm sorry, I just didn't want to bother anyone"

"You won't bother anyone, Nikki would want you to be here. Maybe not seeing him like this, but you know he loves having you around, and so do we" Vince smiles and puts his arm around me.

"Thank you, do you know what happened?"

Their manager speaks up for them, "He was at a party and he decided to drive somewhere. But, of course, he was fucked up, so he hit a pole. His car is totaled and he needed a complete shoulder surgery"

"Oh my god... Were you guys with him?" I ask Vince and Tommy.

"We were at the party, but we don't know what he was doing. We were busy" Vince says.

"Yeah, I can't expect you guys to babysit a 25-year-old man. I'm just glad you guys weren't with him, and that he isn't worse off than he is now."

"He'll be okay, you know that. That his dumb ass is as tough as nails" Tommy says.

"You're right," I force a smile.

"He should be out of it for a little while, if he wakes up while you all are here, let me know. He is on pain medicine as it was a pretty invasive surgery" the nurse speaks up.

"Thank you" I say to her.

She nods and walks out, leaving the four of us standing there, watching him.

"I'm gonna get some lunch, do you want to come?" Their manager asks me.

"No thank you, I want to stay here with him."