Chapter 15: Accidents Can Happen

Nikki

I feel so bad leaving Melody alone there, but I know she couldn't come on this tour with us. We all want to party and have fun, she's too pregnant to do any of that, and it would be too much stress on her and the baby. I want to do what is right for her and for us.

Vince and Mick are asleep in the bunks, Tommy and I are the only ones awake and he's listening to music on his Walkman. I sigh, plopping down on the couch, pulling out a pack of cigarettes to chain smoke.

"You dude, can I bum one?" Tommy asks.

"Yeah, sure." I hold out the pack to him and he takes one out.

So far, this has been an early, boring start to the tour. –

"Hey, Nik, wake up." Tommy shakes me awake.

It's pitch black outside, but we are finally at the hotel. We all sort out the room numbers and our code names and I head up to my room. I immediately pick up the phone and call Melody to let her know we made it safe.

"Nikki!" She exclaims through the line, making me smile.

"Hey baby, I wanted to let you know that we made it to the hotel, all in one piece."

"Well that's good, you need both arms and legs to be able to perform, oh, and your head." She giggles.

I know I'll miss that while I'm gone, only getting to hear her voice will suck. We talk for an hour until she decides to go to bed and stop wracking up her dad's phone bill, which I offered to pay him for. I lay in bed after the call, thinking about everything. Like the pregnancy, the tour, the upcoming tour after this and then our second leg of the tour with Ozzy, when will I really see Mel?

And what if I can't be there for our baby like we both want me to be, I could miss out on important things. I want to be present in my child's life, unlike my dad who didn't give a rat's ass. I don't want to be a fuck up, I want to be a good dad and a good boyfriend. Melody is already scared out of her mind about this baby and I don't want to add to any of that stress, I guess all I can do is try my best to be present and help her any way that I can.

Two weeks of tour have already flown by, I can hands down say this has been an awesome, crazy, wild tour. Ozzy is as insane as everyone says, but in a good way. We just finished our opening set and we're getting ready to head out to a club party.

"Nikki, hey!" I hear a girl yell at me.

I look back to see three blondes standing in front of me.

"Hey ladies, what brings you here?" I ask.

"I just got a boob job and I want you to sign them for me." She lifts up her shirt, flashing me with very perky double d's.

I sign them like she asks and then I sign one girl's Walkman, and the other girl's ass, so she can get a tattoo of my signature... the things I do for women.

"You heading to a party?" The DD blonde asks.

"Yes, we are, you ladies want to come?" Vince shows up behind me, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Yes! Thank you for asking." She grins.

I have to call Melody before we head off, but I know these girls won't leave us alone.

"Hey, I have to change really quick, I'll be back." I hurry off to the dressing room and I pick up the phone to call, hoping she'll answer.

"Hey Nikki." She yawns.

"Oh, I'm sorry to wake you sweetheart, we just finished the set a little late and I wanted to call."

"No, no, you're okay. Dad said that you should start calling every other day or so, the once a day has made the phone bill go up."