Chapter 5: City Boy Blues

Nikki got discharged from the hospital today so, I've decided to move in with him. I've also decided to quit modeling after I ride out the rest of my contract. I don't know what else I'll do to make money because I'm going to quit working at The Rainbow too.

Maybe I could put my good painting skills to use... I don't know, I'll figure something out. I hate relying on Nikki and his money to keep me afloat, but he says he won't let me be miserable where I work. And he won't let me work at The Rainbow because he knows that guys will hit on me, and he doesn't like the thought of it. So... I'm just kind of existing until I can find another job.

"Hey, Mel, could you get me some jack to take my medicine with, pleasee" Nikki calls from the living room.

I'm pretty sure he's not supposed to mix the two, but he'll drink anyway, so, I get him a glass of water and a glass of whiskey.

"Okay, water first, then jack."

I know this is going to be a process for him, he has this huge sling on that he has to wear all day, expect for when he's showering, and he has to sleep in a certain position. I know he's in a shit ton of pain, trying to play it off for my sake, but I can see through him.

I have some blow I've been wanting to snort, but I don't want him to know. I know that he'll want some, and he doesn't need any while he's on the pain medicine, as well as drinking. It may help him with the pain... I don't know though.

"Do you think the doctor cleared me for sexual activity?" He asks.

"I don't know, but I don't want you hurting yourself." I say, pointing a finger at him.

"That's why you get on top, I am injured and all." He makes a puppy dog face to further plead his case.

"I might... if you're good."

"I'm always good, what are you talking about?"

We both laugh at that, and I sit down on the couch next to him, laying my head on his good shoulder.

"I've missed this." He says.

"I have too, I haven't felt this calm in a while. I could almost take a nap right here."

"Then take a nap, you deserve it after taking care of me the past couple of days."

"You don't need that much care; our work schedules are just exhausting." I sigh.

"Yeah, tell me about it. It's nice to take a break though, but it does make me want to write something, so that I can be at least try to be productive."

"It'll be okay if you take a small break, the world won't end." I softly smile.

Next thing I know, I wake up, still on the couch, and my head still on Nikki. He fell asleep with his head hanging off the back of the couch. That can't be comfortable for him. But, he's still sleeping...

I quietly and quickly get up off the couch to get the blow I brought with me; I can use it without Nikki knowing. I sit on the bathroom floor for a minute after I do it, and already begin to feel it go to my head. I haven't used in a week, it feels good to be high again, I see why Nikki and the other guys do it.

"Hey, Mel, are you in there?" Nikki asks from the other side of the bathroom door.

"Uh, y-yeah, I'll be out in a second!" I hide the blow and my straw in my pocket and I look in the mirror to make sure I don't have any on me.

Nikki smiles when I open the door and he kisses me, "I'm so happy that you're going to live with me."

"I am too" I grin.