Chapter 30: Home Sweet Home

I sit in the plush, velvet seat, my leg bouncing a thousand miles an hour as I wait for him. All of my luggage is next to me; it's been a long month away. "You look like a bunny with your leg bouncing like that." Laura giggles. I made a couple friends here, Laura being one of them, and she gets to leave today too. "I just can't wait to be out of here and back to my life." I say. "I agree but, I'll also miss it here. It's so simple, you know? You have your whole day planned out- you have your whole month planned, in fact. Three meals a day, you don't have to think about, you have friends, you have someone to talk to every single day. I'll kind of miss it." She looks down at her hands. She has her hands clasped so tight that her knuckles are white. She came in for anorexia and purging, she discovered she also has severe OCD. She was in for three months and even made a lot of improvement once I showed up. "Laura, your party is here." Moira says to her. "Oh my gosh, I'm so excited. I'll miss you," She gives me a hug, "Oh! I almost forgot to give you this!" She hands me a small piece of torn off paper which a phone number neatly written on it. "Thank you, I'll miss you too." I smile to her. She turns and practically runs out the door to her fiancé. Nikki is half an hour late, I'm thinking he could have forgot about me. He could have gotten in a wreck, he could have gotten a flat... or, he could have just forgotten about me. I don't blame him. I forgot that we left on a weird note, not together, but obviously more than friends. I don't think we could ever be friends... we never started off as that. I'm just so nervous to see him, I don't know what to say or do, and I know that he will ask about us getting back together. I know that I want to, but I don't want to be hurt by him again. Maybe it's my fault for putting so much of my life on him, and I kind of was the one who hurt him last time. Laura of course said that love is magical and to go back with him, my therapist just said to do what I think will be best for me. Gut feelings and all that. My gut is telling me yes, but my brain is saying "proceed with caution". "Melody, your party is here as well." Moira says with a smile. Maybe I need to stop thinking the worst. I jump up when Nikki walks through the doors, looking as handsome as ever; I want to tackle him to the ground. "There's my girl," He smiles, "Let's get you home." "Thank you for everything." I say to Moira and walk outside away from that building I spent a month in that was equal parts good and bad. Nikki puts my luggage in the trunk of the car, and before I get in, he scoops me up in a hug and spins me around. "I missed you too." I giggle. "I missed you so much." He presses his forehead against mine when he places me back down. "Well, I'm back now, and I don't plan on going anywhere." I smile. He kisses me, then quickly pulls away, "I'm sorry, I just got caught up." He opens my door for me then quickly gets in on the driver's side. "I-It's okay." I say. I didn't expect that to happen... but I liked it. "Did you ever think about it?" He asks after a few minutes of driving. "Honestly, not really. I didn't have much time to with everything else that was going on." I look over at him, he just nods his head at that and keeps driving. I'm such a liar. We take an exit that leads us to Beverly Hills instead of L.A., but he doesn't say anything about it. "Uh, Nikki, where are you going?" "You'll see." Okay then... we drive for a few minutes, I admire all the shops and gorgeous scenery that passes by. We stop at a small cafe for lunch, which is a nice touch after being let out of rehab. "So, how was it?" He asks. "It was good, I think it helped me, or at least helped me with handling my own emotions. How to cope with things." "That's good, I obviously never learned that," he chuckles, "Also, were you going to bring up your hair?" "Oh, yeah, I kinda forgot," I laugh, and pull on a strand to look at the blonde color, "One of the other women there is-used to be a hairdresser. She has an abusive husband, so she tried to commit suicide, and she has been in there for 6 months because she doesn't want to go home. She doesn't have a job, so she has no money to find a new house... it's not good." "That's awful, I bet she was a very good hair dresser based on how your hair turned out. She did good; blonde is a good look on you." he smiles. We catch up on the past 4 months of each other's lives as we eat lunch. I tell him what happened the day that I ended up in the hospital, part of me regrets not calling the police, but I just wasn't in the mind-space for it at the moment. He tells me they are almost done with tour, and they're working on the next album now. It's already October, which is insane. The year is almost over already, and I've missed out on 4 months with Nikki. It's Halloween month now though, which means we will have a big Halloween party. I can't wait to go party, get smashed, and just have a good time. It's been so long since I have partied with all of them, I've especially missed it with Nikki, not just because of the drugs. It just feels natural to us, I guess. "Well, are you ready to head home?" He asks. "Home... as in your house?" I ask. "If you're okay with that." "Yeah, I am." I smile.