Chapter 20: The Animal In Me

"Melodyyy, it's time to start your big day!" Nikki says in my ear, trying to wake me up.

I groan and roll over. Today is my birthday and Nikki apparently has something amazing and spectacular planned for me. I would much rather have a small gathering with the guys, some booze and some dope, but he is insisting on something big.

"I don't want to get up, I want sleep." I pull the covers over my head.

"No, I have something planned for breakfast, so get a shower and get ready so that we can leave."

I roll my eyes and get out of bed, trudging off to the bathroom. I don't know how the guys can do tours like this, my body feels like it's been hit by a truck. Doesn't help that we stayed up really late drinking with all 3 of the bands on tour, but it was fun. I realized that I have a way better time if I just let loose and have fun instead of being cooped up. Being shy and introverted can be a bummer, but Nikki gets it.

It's weird that he's introverted with the way he parties and everything, I guess drugs really help with that. Things also have been really calm since me and Nikki got back together, and the tour has been great. I finally met the guys they're touring with... I'm that much of a recluse that I never bothered to introduce myself. Three weeks into the tour is never too late to introduce myself, just halfway through it is all. But, I'm glad that I'm comfortable enough around them to drink anyway.

It's almost the 1-year anniversary of me meeting the band which is so fucking insane to think about. We all have come so far since then, my whole year of being 18 was spent with Motley Crue, and now, I get to party with them as I turn 19. It sometimes sucks being the baby of the group.

"Are you almost done?" Nikki opens the bathroom door to ask.

"Yes, will you stop?" I laugh.

"Well, I was just thinking about some birthday shower sex."

"As hot as that sounds, I would rather not slip and die. The ambulance people would see me naked, that is not how I want to go out."

"You're silly." He smiles.

"I am also just being cautious."

I turn off the shower and wrap my body up in the surprisingly warm towels.

"I asked if they would bring warm towels up, that's why I was pressuring you to shower."

"Look, I'm turning 19, I don't need this much pampering."

"Yes, you do, you're my girl, you deserve only the best. But, I'll leave you to finish getting ready." He gives me a kiss then leaves the bathroom.

Maybe I should be more thankful to have a boyfriend like him. No other boyfriends of mine have ever given a shit about my birthday. I think if they cheated, they sure wouldn't care about my birthday or me for that matter. I just don't really want to celebrate my birthday, it doesn't feel special. My mom isn't here, she hasn't contacted me for months... dad isn't here.

I need to think about the positives, like the fact that Nikki is here and all of the guys are here and helped Nikki plan the awesome party tonight. They have so many people coming, I can't even believe it.

"Hey, Mel, your dad is on the phone." Nikki says.

I run out to the room, still in my towel, and I grab the phone from him.

"Hi dad!"

"Hey, happy birthday, Rosie. Got any big plans for tonight?"

"Well, Nikki is throwing me a huge birthday party after the concert. And by huge, I mean huge." I say with a smile.