Chapter 16: Afraid

Nikki
Tour is officially over, and I am ready to decompress... after I tell Melody what happened. After grueling hours on the tour bus, I finally make it to Melody's dad's house. I stand by the door for a minute before deciding to go in.

"Nikki!" Melody exclaims, running with her arms open to hug me.

"Hey baby!" I grin, tightly wrapping my arms around her.

I knew that I would be anxious and happy to see her, but I didn't know that I would be this happy. It feels so good to have her in my arms again, even if it is a bit different. All I can say is that her bump is huge now.

She pulls back from me, cupping my face with her hands to smoosh my lips against hers. God- she tastes how I remember. It's so intoxicating, and immediately makes me want to carry her to a bedroom.

She pulls away from the kiss, giggling. "Well, someone is happy to see me."

I look down at my hard-on, feeling slightly embarrassed that we've only been in each other's presence for a minute.

"Woah, when'd that happen?" I point at her stomach to deflect from her comment about my dick.

"Oh, I don't know... about 5 months ago. You might've had something to do with it." She laughs.

"So, do I get to find out the gender?" I ask.

"Do we get to find out, you mean." She scoffs.

"Yes, do we?" I playfully roll my eyes.

"Let's ask Maria, she has the envelope."

We go in to the kitchen where Melody's dad and future step mom are sitting.

"Hey stranger." Maria smiles at me.

Dave just looks at me without saying a word, I would imagine he's still pissed off at me, I guess I can't blame him.

"So, place bets on what you think the baby is, there are no prizes, but I think it's entertaining." Maria says.

"Um, okay... I think it's a girl." I say.

"I... I think it's a girl too." Mel smiles at me.

"I think it's a boy." Dave says.

Fucker is probably only saying that to disagree with me. Maria pulls out a cake from the fridge and places it on the table.

"What, you didn't have to do this." Mel says.

"Of course, I did! Finding out the gender is a wonderful thing. Here, you two cut it together." She hands me the knife, Melody and I cut out a slice revealing a pink interior.

"Oh my- it's a girl!" Mel exclaims.

She kisses me as Maria and Dave congratulate us. I can't believe we made a baby girl! She's going to have a great dad... I'll make sure that I'm here for her and Melody.

The four of us sit and talk for a while before Mel and I head back to our place. Melody asks me about tour wanting to know every single detail, it's pretty cute. When we pull into the driveway, I debate telling her, if I don't do it now, I don't know if I ever will.

"Hey, Mel-"

She quickly opens the car door, and cuts me off. "Nikki, I feel sick, give me the house keys."

She runs up to the house and rushes inside. I slide down in my seat, feeling my anxiety jump. She doesn't need to know this while she's pregnant and sick. I just got back from tour, and she's so happy. I would just ruin all of that by telling her what happened. It technically wasn't my fault though, but that doesn't make it any better, I still did other things with other girls.