Chaper 50: Punched In the Teeth By Love

~2 weeks later~
"Nikki, put me down!" I squeal and smack his ass as hard as I can while slung over his shoulder. "Ow, that actually really hurt." "So sorry, I didn't mean to inconvenience you." "Apology accepted." I roll my eyes knowing he has a shit eating grin on his face right now. "What the fuck are we even doing?" I ask. "I'm carrying you somewhere like a good boyfriend of course." "No, this isn't normal, it's starting to hurt my stomach." "You are starting to get a little heavy, I'll let you down on one condition." "You just called me fat and you want me to listen to you?" I scoff. "I didn't call you fat, I said you were getting a little heavy, which means that my muscles are tiring out from the extra weight. You carry around a person and see how tired you get, you aren't fat, that isn't what that meant." "Okay whatever." I roll my eyes. He puts me down and I cross my arms and walk a little behind him. We keep having weird, small arguments like that, I don't know why, but they are getting really annoying. "Anyway, I was carrying you to be funny, but we are almost to the shop I wanted to take you to, so." We walk in silence for the next few moments until he leads us to a jewelry store. "Why are we here?" I ask. "You'll find out when we go in." Why the fuck is he being so weird and secretive? The shop is regal, definitely high price for everything in here, and all the rings look so gorgeous and shiny. "So, I have a ring picked out for you that I think you will really like." He smiles. "A ring? I already have an engagement ring that I am in love with." "No, I'm talking about a wedding ring, I want you to pick that one out." Oh. Oh. He is wanting to get married sooner than I thought, apparently. We haven't talked about it much the past two weeks, but he definitely does bring it up. I am not ready to get married, I still can't legally drink yet, what a damper that is since the states passed that stupid drinking law. "You don't seem happy about that." He frowns. "No, I am, I guess I'm a little confused as to why we would get the wedding rings now. We haven't chose a date yet or even planned the wedding in the slightest." I raise my eyebrow. "I was hoping this would get you in the mood for the wedding, it's stupid, just forget about it." He storms out of the shop making me roll my eyes and follow after him. "Nikki, why do you have to act like this?" "Like what?" He turns to me with his arms crossed. "Like a child! You stormed out of there like a child throwing a tantrum; you're 26." "I am aware of my age, Melody, I'm just pissed that you couldn't give a fuck less about marrying me! I have brought it up for weeks now and all you do is sweep it under the rug, you would have married me on the spot just a few months ago. If you don't want to be with me then just say so." "I just don't want to get married right now, I'm not ready, why is that such a crime? I'm 20 years old, I just don't want to get married yet. This isn't about you, or me not wanting to be with you, because I do, I guess I'm just scared. I don't know." "You don't have to be scared of marrying me, you didn't used to be scared about it, it used to make you so excited. I thought this would make you happy since our relationship had been shit for a while." "Do you even want to marry me right now? The way you're acting doesn't exactly match up with the words you are saying." "Yes, I would get married to you, and I want to be married to you. I don't think that's too weird to say, I'm not bipolar like you are." "Fuck off, Nikki." I turn and walk in the opposite direction of him, I can just find a bus to take me home, or at least close to it. "Now who's acting like a child?" He yells at me. I don't even feel like responding to him right now, I don't want to add any fuel to the fire. I hear his footsteps behind me, so I pick up the pace of my walking until I'm almost running. "Melody, will you stop?" He calls after me. "Leave me alone!" I yell. Next thing I know, a hand grabs ahold of my arm and jerks me into the concrete stairway of the house where we are hidden by the high walls on each side. "Is that man bothering you? I can take care of him, let me know if he has hurt you, I will take care of it." "Wha-w-what? What are you talking about? That's my fiance, we just had a fight and I really just want to be alone right now." "Hey, who the fuck are you?" Nikki pulls me away from him and places an arm in front of me like that is going to protect me from anyone. "Hey, I'm not the one who was chasing after her, I think I should be the one protecting her right now." He retorts. Barf. "She doesn't even know you, I think it would be best if you minded your own damn business and leave us the fuck alone." Nikki spits. "You clearly have anger issues, maybe you should work on that... I feel sorry for your fiancé." He chuckles. I see Nikki's fist clench, so I place my hand on his to stop him from doing anything stupid. When he looks at me, his expression softens, and he puts his hand down at his side. "This is ridiculous, I'm not wasting my time talking to someone who doesn't know anything about me or my life. Have a good day, fucker." Nikki flips him off and we walk back to the car in silence, which I am thankful for, because I have no idea what to say about that strange encounter.