1•VIP

7 years later

7 years later...

Senior year, it's been a long journey but I made it. My last year of high school. I'm so excited!

I just came in from my morning run. My me time before school.

We live in a gated community. It's peaceful. I didn't mind being out alone, or should I say my brother didn't mind. He made sure I had my pepper spray and taser handy. Mikey usually woke up either while I was out running or after. So he could get ready for work then drop me off.

"Mikey, you up?" I yelled from the other side of his door. He said he was so I walked my sweaty self in and sat legs crossed on his floor waiting to hear his speech.

"How was your run?" He sat on the bed in his dress slacks and undershirt, peering down at me

"How was your run?" He sat on the bed in his dress slacks and undershirt, peering down at me. He was somewhat ready for work.
"Refreshing." I stretched my arms out smiling.

"Cool, cool." A goofy smirk appeared on his face. "You ready for your big day?"

"Why must you be so dramatic? It's just high school." I gave a fake smile. He smiled back, pulling at his beard.

"Rai you know I'm proud of you, right?" His smile grew with every word. I shook my head as he went on. "You've accomplished so much already and still haven't scratched the surface yet.

I know your schedule is hectic but it'll pay off. It might not feel like it but it will. —You're in drama, the track team, and have all of your different clubs. You have your tutoring sessions, and acting classes. Then on top of that you're graduating early, and managing a 4.5 GPA." He smiled pridefully. It was warranted. He helped me climb that ladder.

Mikey paused, shifting his mood a bit. His elbows rested on his upper legs, pondering his thoughts. "We're all we got." He looked away, now rubbing his palms against his knees. He's not one to express how he feels. It takes a lot out of him. Especially when communicating with me.

"Hey." I grabbed his attention feeling, trying to lighten the air. "Don't forget I sing too." I shrugged jokingly, knowing that would instantly put a smile on his face because he and I both knew I couldn't hold a note.