12•That Kiss

I was on my way to Mike's

I was on my way to Mike's. The drive consisted of me contemplating calling Mike back to cancel and tell him everything. This was too far. Now I am disrespecting my girl. I definitely shouldn't have agreed to this.

I pulled up to the house, grabbed my phone and keys, then got out. I decided to go ahead and see this through. I had already planned to tell him after Rai's graduation. I didn't want to cause any conflict before then. I agree with her on that.

I walked up to the front door and hit the talk button on the security keypad. "Aye Mike open the door."
Within seconds he opened the door. "Thanks man. I really appreciate this."

"What time is she getting here?" I asked walking in the house. He shut the door trailing behind.

"Any minute now." He eyed examine my attire. I didn't do much, but I wasn't about to go there looking bummy either. We walked over to the kitchen. I saw Raina sitting at the island eating frozen yogurt. Mike went straight to the fridge.

"Hey Raina, what' up?" I casually asked, staring her down trying to hide the guilt with a smile. "Nothing much." She responded, forcing her face to soften.

"Troy's single. Why didn't you call him?" I asked Mike, with my attention still on Rai. He still had his head in the fridge.

"Troy is not looking to settle down. He has one goal when it come to these women. I can't do her like that. Beside I told her about you. Not Troy." He explained.

"I'm not interested in having anything with her either." I stated making it clear. He turned his head to face me. "Its just hanging out, relax bro. Trust me you'll like what you see." He let out with a big goofy ass grin.

"Whatever." I mumbled placing my keys and phone inside my pants pocket. Raina dropped her spoon in her bowl and then slid her chair back loudly. That grabbed both my and Mike's attention. She went over to the sink to wash her bowl. I couldn't help but stare at her. She wore a fitted red t-shirt and black joggers that hugged at the ankles. Her face was fresh and free of makeup. Her curly damped hair was pulled up in a bun on top of her head, damn.

"What's wrong with you? Scraping that chair on the floor like you mad at the world or something?" Mike questioned. "Can you just not, —I'm not in the mood?" She spoke irritatedly. I stood quiet and out of the way.

"You can go somewhere with that attitude." He scoffed, closing the refrigerator. She didn't say anything else. She dried the bowl, placing it back in the cabinet.

Leah walked in grinning from ear to ear. "KJ is down, and my girl just sent a text. She should be pulling up any minute now. Adrian, I can't wait for you to meet her. Trust me she's cool people. Really down to earth. Her name is Toni." She added. I softened the tension in my face and nodded my head. But she must've noticed. "Just get to know her. I would never set you up with somebody crazy. She's gorgeous. She like to have fun. You'll like her." Leah added.