48•Mr. & Mrs. Jackson

"Hey Rai, you have a minute? I need to meet you somewhere?" Mikey asked immediately after I answered the phone

"Yeah, where do you want to meet? The ladies are here at the hotel getting ready."

"I'll come to you, we can catch a quick breakfast."

"Ok."

Mikey came to the hotel and scooped me up. We decided to go down the street to a diner. I was a little nervous. I wanted to apologize. He should be focused on getting down that isle not me fighting. Only a few hours left.

Seated comfortably at the small low country diner, we quickly placed our orders. Both of us settled on the French toast and fruit. I was still a little embarrassed. That was my first fight in all my years of living.

"I'm sorry Mikey." "I'm sorry for yelling at you." We reacted simultaneously. We glanced at each other and laughed. That made me relax a bit. "I can't believe that lady came all the way to Florida for A3. After thinking it over, I think you might've done yourself a favor. People like that, sometimes need their ass kicked. I just didn't want you getting into trouble and messing up your record. You work so hard. I don't want some clown messing things up for you."

"I get it, I'm hanging up my gloves." I giggled.

"Keep em' close, for when somebody try you. Then you whoop their ass like I taught you. Her coming here was disrespectful and  weird. So I understand your hostility. —You're a little crazy too though." He laughed, I smiled shaking my head.

"Ha ha, not funny. You know I love that man."

"I know you do and I know A3 love you too. I'm glad you two are happy and all that. It's been a long bumpy road, but I'm here. My bestfriend is madly in love with my little sister despite all of the adversities, he still is."

"I love you despite, even after all of our adversities. Don't you forget that." I reminded him, we shared our famous winking smile, which we inherited from mama Laurie. "I love you too baby sis'."

"I wonder what mama Laurie would say, about the fight." I raised my brows. "She probably would be upset about it overall but low- key rooting and cheering you on." He chuckled, I nodded agreeing.

"I could hear her and aunt Anitah now, 'Rai beat that crazy chick up. I bet she won't try this mess again. If she do Ima' whoop her ass myself'." He tried mimicking mama Laurie and her twin sister, we continued laughing.

"Aunt Anitah probably would say all that, mama Laurie would just laugh at her." I smiled reminiscing. "Man I miss Mama Laurie. Her smile alone would make you—"

"Sorry to cut you off but I need to tell you a story. One you've been asking about since forever. And I don't want to get married today until you hear it." He got serious taking a sip of his apple juice, that was placed on the table. We were waiting on our food, the diner was packed. Our ticket finally was up next to go in. I nodded my head for him to proceed.