27•Dr. Mills

I've been coming to my counseling sessions by myself since my brother and I haven't been talking much

I've been coming to my counseling sessions by myself since my brother and I haven't been talking much. It had been five months since my break up. I started putting more focus on the dance studios with Leah and the crew she hired. The ideas we discussed really paid off to make things easier. To get a lot of those responsibilities out of my hands.
Something to keep the focus off of everything not going on in my life.

Leah did go on tour for a month with a new artist name AP Lawson. Let's just say that was a test of her and Michaels relationship. I won't  front he was cute, and his body's incredible. Leah was all like 'he's alright. He doesn't have anything on my man.'

Michaels been anxious and ready to propose since Leah came back. He's been planning it, trying to go all out with it.

My best friend Sienna graduated last week and we celebrated all week long for the both of us. We stuck with our living fearless theme. Same rules applied no matter what it was we couldn't chicken out.

We were set board our long flight to Nairobi but before that I had a session with Dr. Mills. I was in her office about to start.

I had been seeing her consistently for the past few months. She gave a lot of different exercises to try. It gave me a new outlook and perspective. A ton of progress.

"Ok now Raina talk about the day the Nelsons assaulted you

"Ok now Raina talk about the day the Nelsons assaulted you." Dr. Mills got right in to it, knowing I was at a place I was comfortable with sharing. In the past, I would have panic attacks followed by nightmares. The more I spoke on it the better I felt. I didn't have to hold all of it to myself anymore.

I took a deep breath, smiling at her. "They started touching me at eight but I was ten years old when they attacked me. It was after I got home from school. A normal day for me. They ate dinner. Then I did the same after they ate. After dinner I cleaned everybody's mess and then got ready for bed. I wore a pink and purple princess nightgown. My hair was in two pigtails with the ends braided. I did them myself the day before."

"I remember having on white, blue and silver Christmas fuzzy socks. I got in bed and I'd usually sleep with my door shut. So it was. It was around seven o'clock that's the time I usually would have to go to bed." I continued and she nodded.