26•End It II

Seated in the backseat of Michaels car we were on our way back to the house

Seated in the backseat of Michaels car we were on our way back to the house. I couldn't stand to even look at my brother. The whole ride was dead silent, and me trying to manage the lump in my throat. I was shaking and trying to control my breathing. Tears streamed down my face nonstop. It was too much. Had I known breakups would be like this I would have stayed single for the rest of my life.

When we got home I walked passed him, ignoring Leahs greeting and headed straight up to my bedroom. I had a few more days until graduation. I'll visit my family in Nairobi but I didn't plan to stay. There was no way. He'll be lucky if he ever see me again.

As a matter of fact the day I turn eighteen this summer I'm done. I'm tired of this. All I ever wanted was to be happy. I don't understand my brother doing this to me.

"Rai, you hungry?" Michael said while knocking on my door. "Please go away," I uttered at a volume he could hear.

"You need to eat, you haven't had anything since earlier at school." He spoke loud from the other side of the door. No Michael, actually I didn't eat at all today.

I was so pissed about Adrian not answering the phone I couldn't eat. I didn't even think about the possibility that he would actually break up with me.

I ignored him and picked up my phone to call Sienna. "Hello."

"Hey Rai how are you? You talk to him?" She asked very concerned.
"He broke up with me." I admitted.

She sighed. "I'm sorry Rai." She paused. Are you ok?" I knew what she meant just by the way she asked, but I meant it when I said I wanted to live. "Yeah I'm ok. It just hurts."

"I'm here for you, you want me to come over?" She asked. "No I'm ok. Besides you've been over here a lot lately."

"Clear me some space in the closet and I'll practically be your roommate." She replied trying to lighten the mood. "Trust me you wouldn't want to, with all this bad energy. It'll suck the life right out of you. I'm so ready for graduation." I groaned.

"You want to go find a dress tomorrow?" She suggested. "I have one. I just need to pick it up. We can go get it and then do something afterwards."

"Hmmm we never went Indoor Skydiving. Something to get your mind off of this for a little while." Sienna always knew what to do as a supportive friend. I thought about it. "You know what, let's do it."

"I'll call in the morning to see what they have available." She said with ease and just like that it did lift my spirits a bit knowing I had her in my corner. "Thank you." I smiled.

"You know I got you. I will never let my best friend drown. —Even though I'm just now learning to swim." We both laughed. It got quiet and all of a sudden a wave of sorrow came over me. "I miss him Sie." I painfully whispered.

"I know you do and it's going to hurt like hell. I really hate that you're going through this. I wish things could be different. The two of you were so good together." She said soothingly.