16•They Win III

Mike went back to see Rai and he came back sort of in a better state

Mike went back to see Rai and he came back sort of in a better state. Everyone was in the waiting room. "How is she?" Sienna went up to him still in tears. He looked around the room at everybody then spoke. "She was asleep when I went in. Then she woke up a little confused. She's just taking everything in." He paused scratching the back of his head. "They have her on suicide watch. But the main thing is she's here. She's going to be ok." 

I let out the air I had been holding in from the moment I arrived. I started thinking about what Mike confessed about Rai. It was taking everything in me not to break down. I was shaking and feeling like I was losing control of my emotions. A lump in my throat burned to the point my neck stiffened, and my lip wouldn't stop trembling.

Sienna looked over at me asking the very thing I didn't need to hear. "You ok?" Mike instinctively glanced over in my direction.

"Yeah." I replied mumbling. I got up and walked toward the hallway. I didn't make it there. I couldn't hold it in anymore. I slid down against the wall and broke down.

Sienna and Rita came over hugging me saying she was going to be alright. I just cried harder.

After a few minutes I got up and left them standing there. I went back to my seat hunched over with my face buried in my hands. Everybody sat quietly for awhile.

"Hey Sienna, if you want to go back there and see her you can." Mike finally spoke and she nodded. She quickly rushed back to where Raina was.

I sat and waited. I wasn't leaving until Raina was released. I didn't care what Mike had to say. I noticed he kept glancing at me like he wanted to say something. I didn't want to have it out with him in a hospital.

"How could you do this to me?" Mike stared into my eyes attentively, with a look of disgust. "I'm not trying to argue with you, Mike. —I don't want to fight." I said honestly.

"So you just go behind my back fucking my sister and you expect me to not say nothing?" Everybody except Leah looked at us shocked, clueless about what was happening.