28•Nairobi

We arrived at my mama Laurie's twin sister Aunt Anitah and Uncle Benson's villa which was in Karen, Nairobi

We arrived at my mama Laurie's twin sister Aunt Anitah and Uncle Benson's villa which was in Karen, Nairobi. Mama Laurie and Aunt Anitah had similar features but you could easily tell them apart. My Aunt was more outspoken. She loves sharing stories. I could listen to her everyday. Mama Laurie was sometimes quiet like me, but when she got to know you she made you feel comfortable.

They had their car service pick us up. It was a beautiful and more costly estate. Their house from the outside look more like a mall or a fancy modern hospital. It was like two buildings in one, with a wrap-around driveway where you could drive under a drop-off area. There were floor-to-ceiling windows on every floor. The house was painted bright white complimenting the clear blue sky.

This was KJ and Leah's first time coming and I think they're in love. Everything was so neat and organized with endless amounts of space. KJ was sure to be comfortable.

"Hi Rainy! It is so good to see you. My new high school graduate." My aunt spoke slowly coming toward me in her accent. She called me by my nickname she always says. She was dressed in a casual pair of jeans and an ivory buttoned blouse, with low-key designer flats. That was how my family did it. They were super rich but didn't show it. All except the house. They spared no expense.

"It's good to see you as well, Auntie Nitah." I smiled squeezing her. We were standing at the entrance. "Did you reach your Uncle?" She asked.

"Yes ma'am. I saw Uncle Benson outside. He's with Leah, KJ and Michael." I pointed in that direction. She gave me an odd expression. "Since when ya' start calling 'em Michael?" She asked sounding worried.

"We're not speaking. So since then." I tucked my lip knowing she wanted a better answer than that. She kissed her teeth. "What's going on? How long has this been on going?" She sized me up and down.

"I had a boyfriend, —who so happens to be Adrian." I mumbled. It was my first relationship. These were first had conversations. It felt weird talking this way.

"Oooowa', Mikeys best friend Adrian? The same Adrian who visited here when Mikey was a boy?" She was shocked. This was news to her.

"Yes ma'am, that one." I nodded.