40•Chicken Souvlaki

"What all do you have to do today?" Raina asked while we were finishing up preparing breakfast

"What all do you have to do today?" Raina asked while we were finishing up preparing breakfast. She was at the stove mixing up pancake mix and I was at the island chopping away ingredients for an omelette.

"I have that meeting today with the Mayor. We're going to the high school Mike teaches at to talk to the students. The press and a few others will be there." I chopped the peppers and slid them to the side.

"You nervous?"

"Not really. This past year I've been so focused getting things off the ground, hustling and networking became a habit. So this is something I'm looking forward to. To be able to see and meet some of the kids in our programs."

She smiled. "When was the last time you picked up a paint brush?"

"Honestly I hadn't really been motivated to. I was so focused on inking these partnerships and getting approvals. I didn't think about it much. I was so desperate to make this dream of mine come true. I didn't want to end up going back to work with my pops. So I would only paint when I could." I started on the onions and slid them over as well.

"I admire your ambition. You're following your heart. Why don't you bring some of your work out for the world to see it? You're talented." She poured the mix into the pan.

"That's something I've been putting off. I'm always questioning what I'm going to do with all of it. I thought about bringing some to the gallery when we open. We'll see." I nodded.

"What about you? What do you have planned for the day?" I asked "I want to take you out tonight."

"Your mom and I are going to the spa around one. I asked her about it yesterday. I'll probably stop by the dance studio with Leah to talk about the wedding. —Did you want me to come to your meeting at the school?" She flipped the pancakes.

"No you go ahead with mama. She need this. Thank you for doing it. Oh and since your car is in DC you want to take the G Wagon or the S63 AMG?"

"Hmm, probably the G Wagon, since I never actually drove one. I can hear Mikey now, saying how that's too much for me to handle." She initiated his voice.

"Aight then. I know you can handle it. Thanks again for this baby." My eyes landed on her. She was placing the pancakes on a plate.

"You know I love your mother. You don't have to thank me. She's always been so loving and caring towards me. She's so easy to be around and talk to, with her little self." I giggled.

"Aye, watch your mouth." We laughed. "I think I was seven or eight years old when I grew passed her. This small petite woman in a house with two tall ass giants."

"Give me kiss." I added. She turned the stove off then walked over and kissed me, then wrapped her arms around me for a few more.

We finished up breakfast and cleaned the kitchen. I went back upstairs to get ready to go. I had to be at the school by ten o'clock so I needed to get a move on it. It was now eight forty-five.