33•Mac n Cheese

My Phone buzzed

My Phone buzzed. It was my mama. "Hey Dri."

"Hey Ma what's going on?" I asked, holding phone to my ear.

"I know you've been calling, I needed time to process things." She finally let out. "Process what?" I asked curiously.

"I had that conversation with your father." She spoke calm. Too calm.
"You want me to come over?" I asked.

"I'm actually in your area I'll come over to you." She sound like she was making a turn. I heard the signal light. "Ok I love you. See you when you get here."

"I love you too." She said ending the call. It was a relief we were finally having that talk. She and my dads had been acting really funny for quite some time now. I have my suspicions but I didn't want to say or think about it.

I was at home hanging with the squad all except Mike he was on his way. He started a study group after school specifically for his class. A couple of his students were failing consistently. He felt compelled to do something about it.

Troy and Chance were having a cook off. They had a big debate going on about baked mac and cheese. Neither one of them could top mine. So I don't even know why they were in the kitchen.

"Troy you're supposed to spice up you're water while the noodles are boiling

"Troy you're supposed to spice up you're water while the noodles are boiling." Chance stated.

"Nah, all I need is this, and this." He pointed to the salt, and pepper."

"So you don't use broth or any other seasonings in your water? It's about to be bland." He replied to Troy.

"How bout both of you do what you do and we'll let y'all know in the end." Mike said coming in taking off his jacket to wash his hands.

"Right, and no phone calls trying to ask for help either." I said specifically to Chance. He squinted, making Amina laughed.

"I know you're making Mrs. Shirley's mac n cheese." I was referring to his mother n law, Rita's mom.

"Hey I never said I wasn't influenced." He pointed a finger in the air.

"Doesn't matter what you use. Yours still won't hit. I do this for the culture. You wouldn't understand." Troy playfully stated while patting Chances back.