34•Hey Rai

I was so fucking nervous

I was so fucking nervous. I just touched down to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. I wasn't familiar with DC. Only ever came for business. The entire plane ride over I thought about the many ways me showing up could go all wrong. I had to do it though. I embarrassed her when I broke it off. So I should be able to put myself out there to fix it.

The first mission was to get a rental so I could find her. I hadn't eaten I was nervous the whole day.

I made up my mind. I would deal with pops when I got back. My mama was right I needed time to cool my head.

I walked around to the car service area and grabbed a rental then headed straight to see her. The closer I got to the campus the more nervous I became. What the hell am I walking into? What if she moved on completely with someone else?

I have to try.

Pulling into the campus I parked and got out. Finding my way to the front desk of her building, I went ahead and pulled out my ID knowing they were going to hold it while I was there. I didn't even know if she was in her dorm or not. She could be in class. It was the middle of the day.

"Hi! how may I help you?" The girl at the desk asked cheerfully.

"I'm Adrian Adams and I was wondering if you could let Raina Jackson know I'm here." I placed my ID on the counter.

"Thank you." She picked it up then went to work on her computer. "One moment." She told me before dialing Rainas dorm. I nodded.

I took a moment to breathe. I have never been more nervous in my life. If I wanted anything in life I should know that discomfort and fear came with it. Especially if it was someone you love. I really want things to work out between us. This was who I saw myself being happy with forever.

"Hello Raina. You have an Adrian Adams here to see you." She tapped my license on the desk.
There was a little silence before the girl spoke again. "Ok not a problem see you in a bit."

The front desk attendant hung up. "She'll be down in a few minutes. If you would like to sit you can there's seats over there." She gave a warm smile pointing in that direction.

"Thank you." I went to sit over by a window where I could see her when she walked off the elevator.

I needed to be ok with matter the outcome. She might not want anything to do with me. I gave up on us. I talked a good game about how nothing was going to ever break us.

I sat scrolling through my phone to pass time. Perhaps to distract me a little. I was freaking out.

After about fifteen minutes later she slowly walked through the elevator door. She immediately spotted me and stood frozen. So I stood up in front of the seat while we held eye contact.

She made even a plain white tee shirt and a pair of ripped blue jeans look good. The way the whole thing hugged and clung to her skin. Her hair was down but combed back away from her face.

She finally broke eye contact with me. She put her head down. I could see all of the pain I caused all over her face. Even in the way her shoulders slightly slouched.

I was feeling doubtful about coming. I wasn't trying to play with her heart. This time I wasn't letting go if granted the chance.

I thought again about my reason for coming. I said no matter what I was going to try. I earned this level of humiliation. So I walked over to her not sure of what I'd say.

"Hey Rai." I sheepishly smiled. She looked up at me. I saw a painful fear in her eyes. God be with me.

{This is a mini chap gearing up for the next one in Raina's POV}

{Stay tuned, thank you so much}

{Vote, Comment and Share}

✌🏾✌🏾✌🏾🧡🧡🧡