29•Nairobi II

Today was my big day

Today was my big day. I was officially eighteen. The past month with my family had been eventful. I got into an argument with Michael of course. It was over something very petty. This was about two weeks ago.

We were seated for dinner and everybody was talking and laughing amongst themselves. He was talking to my twin cousins Celeste and Cyrene. Both of them had a thing for Adrian and Troy. When they came to visit they always made sure to see them. Adrian would shut her down every time. It started as a playful thing. She would flirt and make passes but he wouldn't budge. Then over the years as they got older she wanted her shot for real. It was still a no.

Celeste asked Michael about Adrian like any other time she would, but I automatically tensed. Again any little thing would set me off about him being brought up. She asked how has he been. He kept it short saying he was fine. Then she went on to ask was he still single because last she checked he wasn't settling down for anybody. He mumbled yeah. Which made me mad. So I flipped out on him. I didn't want him especially mentioning anything about Adrian because I knew I would be pissed. So I reacted. I was wrong. Which resulted in me crying and being angry with myself.

On a more positive note Leah and Michael are engaged. I have to give it to him he went all out. He did a scavenger hunt on a nature trail. He ended the day at Giraffe Manor a dinner for two at the orchid house and popped the question there. Dining up close and personal with the giraffes, Leah's favorite animal.

My aunt convinced me to participate

My aunt convinced me to participate. It wasn't hard to do because I truly wanted happiness for them they deserved it. It doesn't matter what we go through I wanted this for them. I prayed for this.

Upstairs in the too at t my Aunt and Uncles estate I was folding my laundry. A knock appeared at the door. "Come in."

"Happy Birthday." Leah and Michael came in singing. Not sure why he was. "Thanks." I gave them a weak smile.

"So what's the plan? What do you want to do?" Leah asked. "I don't know. Aunt Nitah is making all of my favorites." I said glancing at my brother. He stood awkwardly.

"She's making Ugali, Nyama Choma, roasted maize, and having my favorite spot Tamambo Karen Blixen cater. Their food is amazing. They have some of everything." I started smiling just thinking about it.