17•Let Me Talk To You

It was finally release day

It was finally release day. Adrian and Mikey still weren't speaking but for my sake, they could be in the same space. Everybody was there showing me support. Sienna did my hair and makeup, saying my best friend would always slay. I think it was an excuse to keep close. I didn't blame her. I needed her just as much.

"You alright baby?" Adrian whispered in my ear, seated beside me. "Yeah I'm ok, just anxious to leave." I examined his face. He hadn't slept. I could tell. His face still puffy and his light tawny skin was dull.

He leaned up from his seat by the bed to kiss my forehead, not caring what anybody thought. I smiled. "We'll be out of here soon."

We had a conversation. He said he came too close to losing me to keep hiding. If anybody had anything to say he said to send them his way.

He interlocked his fingers with mine.

"What's wrong with your leg Rai?" Mike asked, walking over to me, and Adrian wondered, too because I kept moving it.

"My foot fell asleep." I groaned at the pins and needles feeling I felt.
"Here let me see it." Adrian stood up and went to sit at the end of the bed to massage my foot.

Everyone looked on awkwardly. Mike was the most uncomfortable, but he didn't say anything. He went back over to sit next to Leah. I closed my eyes and enjoyed it.

Everyone brought me flowers, balloons and teddy bears. So much love was in the room. I didn't account for another opportunity to do life. When I woke up in the hospital, I was angry it didn't work. My peaceful ending didn't go as planned. But everyone surrounding me and seeing their hearts shattered woke up something inside me. It was a little spark of something, but it was something. 

****

Rai went to see her therapist

Rai went to see her therapist. It was a short session, it went well. Dr. Mills mainly wanted to see where her headspace was. She didn't talk about anything in particular. The next session would be intense and challenging. She'll see the therapist again tomorrow, then twice a week.