25•End It

I was nervous the whole day

I was nervous the whole day. I left my phone home just so I wouldn't be tempted to call her back. Seated in my office I was preparing for a transaction we had scheduled. My assistant Melanie was taking the reigns with assisting.

We were going over the account plans, research, production, sales, media and possible contracts. —Yep a full days work.

"Just want to make sure everyone's clear on the plan so there is no room for error." I stated to her.

"Well their company is already out. This will open them up nationally. Which means more money." She said while slowly licking her lips.

Why can't you get it through your head? I don't want yo' ass

"That's the selling point. They need to know what could be and stay away from what they don't have. The more thorough we are the quicker we can land this." I nodded. "This will bring us right above quota. We have the spacing for their brand. This shouldn't be a hard sale." I added.

"It'll be a matter of negotiating airtime. I agree we have a great offer on the table." She started with a confident smile. We worked up until lunch. She offered to join me and I again as usual declined.

I decided to walk down the street to this little cafe. I ordered a turkey deli sandwich and a cup of coffee. I didn't get any sleep night. I needed a boost.

Heading back to the office I couldn't stop thinking about how much this was going to hurt Rai. It was making me sick to my stomach. I've been really stupid. I knew it wouldn't work before it started. I didn't even know if the relationship was healthy for her. She just had a suicide attempt. Breaking up had to be the best decision. So she could focus on herself.

I decided to go to my dads office and talk to him. Heading up I notice my assistant getting on the elevator when I got off. "Hey, wasn't expecting to see you." She looked around then nervously laughed.

"On my way to my dads. Shouldn't you be preparing to meet with the prospect?" I squinted. She had no business on the upper floors. It was above her pay grade to even be on that level.