5•Small Card II

The entire ride back home was dead silent

The entire ride back home was dead silent. I felt a sense of comfort in it. When we approached the driveway, I thought I needed to reassure my brother again. He said he was fine, but it had only been a a week since the whole bringing up my past stuff. Things were a little awkward between us.

"We're ok right?" I peered at him.
"Of course we are and I'm sorry again about what I said." Mikey examined me before turning the car off. He was eager to hear my response. "It's ok. I know it slipped. I was just shocked, is all. I love you, stop apologizing."

He gave me a small smile. "I love you too." He allowed the air in his chest to ease its way out. That settled my nerves as well. "Now will you call Leah? I kinda heard y'alls conversation." They got in to a big argument about commitment. Sound like it was serious.

"I'm not sure what I want yet. I can't step to her with doubt. If I go there with her, it will be forever. Not only for the two of us but for KJ too." We got out of the car. I shook my head because those were familiar words. "I understand. Just don't expect her to wait around. I know how you are, you avoid things. Leah will still shine with or without you, and you know that."

"You sound like Mama Laurie and A3." He beamed. I smiled, heading into the house behind him. I couldn't help but blush as I thought about my encounter in the bathroom.

I slid my hand into my pocket, feeling the small card. The way Adrian makes me feel, I don't know how to explain it. I could still smell his scent on me. It was starting to feel like way more than some overly-crazed crush. It had to be more profound than that.

I went to my bedroom. Mikey said he needed to go work out. He went to our home gym. I decided to call my best friend. "Hey Sienna are you busy?" I asked as soon as she picked up.

"Nope not anymore, now spill." She sound like she was shifting around getting comfortable. I laughed. "Are you referring to that little bathroom scene?" She sucked her teeth. "Duh, you know I am. What was up with that?"

"That was just him being nice. He wanted me to know he cared. —Wait, are you with Trey still?" I plopped down on my bed.

"No I'm home. Trey went back to his apartment. I do miss him though." She whined. "Ya'll always missing each other, make me sick." I scoffed jokingly.

"That's my boo. Anyway, I see what you did there, changing the subject." She said.

I wished I had more to tell than I did. "Not much to say about it. It felt right, though. I didn't want it to end. It was like time froze a little bit. Just being there in his arm. I'm sad thinking about it now because I already miss it. It probably won't ever happen again." I closed my eyes, reflecting on the little moment we shared.

"You got it bad for him. I also saw the look in his eyes when he held you, girl. Even I felt the second- hand butterflies. I was so shocked. I was like well let me just slide on up out of here." She gleamed. I was blushing like crazy.

"If you didn't come when you did, we would probably still be in that same position," I confessed. "Your brother and his parents would've flipped."

I groaned. "Don't remind me. I'm not ready to think about that yet." I uttered, looking down at my hands—running my fingers across the business card. "And then there is this little business card I'm holding."

"He gave you his number?" Sienna yelled, sounding shocked. "Yes, he slipped it to me. Not sure what to do with it though." I flipped the card over. "I'm not even sure if this is his personal number or not."

"Whatever decision you make I support you. You know I have your back." She assured me. That was good to know. I'm glad I wasn't alone to sort out my feelings about the situation. "I just feel like it might be opening up pandoras box. Plus I don't feel right talking to Mikey's best friend behind his back. I don't want to betray him." I opened up to her.

"Do what you think is best. Take sometime and think about it first. You don't have to make any decisions tonight." She suggested. It was sound advice. "You're right. That's precisely what I'll do. See I knew I kept you around for a reason." We laughed then she retorted. "Shut up punk."

Sienna got serious for a moment. "As long as I have known you I've never even seen you consider anybody. Well, other than that disaster of a date and I don't even think you were feeling him like that. Your brother on the other hand, came for dude's neck."

"That was crazy." I cringed at the thought of that day. Both of us busted out laughing. "He was not with the shits. I can't believe your brother went to get his gun on that boy."

"Just imagine what he'll do about the new man meat in your life." She added.

"Girl, he's hardly that. As a matter of fact, he's not mine at all. No one's getting shot." We laughed.

"Let me get off this phone. I'm tired of talking to you now." She playfully groaned. "Whatever, go ahead and FaceTime your boo." I replied knowingly. She giggled. "Goodnight I love you Rai."

"I love you too. See you tomorrow." I said before ending the call. I guess I better shower and get my clothes and stuff ironed. Easy day tomorrow, Oh I just love my Mondays... I thought to myself.

________________________

{Just a little something extra in Rainas POV about the small card}

{Thanks! 🖤}

{Vote & Comment}