3•Tesla

Mama Laurie was on my mind all day

Mama Laurie was on my mind all day. I missed her so much. Some days I'd go in her room and sleep just to feel close to her.

She had a brain aneurysm and was diagnosed too late. There was nothing they could do. She was in the aneurysm subarachnoid hemorrhage stage when we got to the hospital. She ignored a lot of the symptoms until the pain was unbearable. She had these really bad headaches and was sensitive to light. She'd also be nauseous and sometimes faint.

I found her crying in her closet curled in a ball. I immediately yelled and ran down stairs to get Mikey, while dialing 911. The ambulance came they checked her then rushed her to the hospital. I road with her and Mikey was right behind. As soon as we reached, they rushed her back. That was it. She died on the table. The Doctor came out notifying us of what happened. If she had gone in for a check-up, this could've been prevented. I know not to think like that, though.

A lot of our family flew in from Nairobi for the funeral

A lot of our family flew in from Nairobi for the funeral. Some we've only met a few times. They don't travel to this country often. We were all to support each other. Over the years, they got to know us. We visited once a year. I always love it especially visiting mama Laurie's twin sister aunt Anitah and uncle Benson.

Today we went to settle my grandmother's will. She had everything already in our names. Her dance studios were left to me. Some other investments went to Mikey. The house and the cars was left to my brother and I as well. She also had accounts in place for the both of us with very large amounts. I'm grateful, but I just miss her.

It was a crazy past few days getting back into the swing things. But the first week of school was down. I could breate a little and start the countdown for graduation.

I'm also pissed because mama Laurie left us these vehicles, and I'm not allowed to drive. My brother won't budge. If Mama Laurie were still here, she would convince him. "What's wrong with you, you're still pouting?" Mikey humorously questioned, leaning on the island in the kitchen.

"I don't know why I can't drive still. I have my license, and I'm responsible. I've never done anything to make you not trust me. I'm almost eighteen. I don't understand you sometimes." My voice elevated immensely. He stood quiet listening. "You don't talk to me about anything. Why can't I just drive one of the cars outside?"