49•Epilogue Part 1 of 2

Five years later

Five years later....

"Dri Dri, can you take me to my play date in the park? I want to have a picnic tomorrow, with my best friend. Pleeaaassseeee." My little sister Arian clasped her hands together begging me. She was almost six years old.

"Alright but let me get the rest of the luggage out of the car

"Alright but let me get the rest of the luggage out of the car. —Go help your auntie Rai with the small bags upstairs." I chuckled at her excitement. "Let your brother get settled in first before you go asking him for everything." My mom smiled down at her.

"Mom I haven't seen him since the beginning of summer." She whined causing my mama to squint her eyes. Letting her know that she mean business. Arian calls her mom and she calls Melanie mommy. That was the choice she was comfortable with, Melanie was more than happy about that. "Go help Auntie Rai upstairs, like your brother told you."

"Okayyy." My baby sister yelled out, prancing up the staircase.

Rai and I just made it to Atlanta for Christmas break. We're staying at my parents house for a few days. We planned go to Mike and Leah's for a couples days as well.

My dad came walking in the house rolling in my last bag. "Where do you want this one?"

"I'll take it upstairs, that should be everything. Thanks."

"No problem. Y'all brought the whole house with you." He laughed. "That's Rai and all of her shoes." I smiled a little at him. He stared at me for a second. I looked away. He could feel something was wrong.

"Ima' get started on dinner." My mom glanced at the both of us. "Aight I'll be in there-" She waved her hands interrupting me. "I got it Dri, go talk to your father." She leaned in and hugged me, giving my dad a kiss before walking away.

"Let's go to the basement."

"I'll meet you. Ima' take these two bags up to Rai first." I grabbed the handles on the bag. I heard footsteps on the staircase, pops and I looked up.

Munch and Arian came walking down smiling.

"I heard ma Heather say something about dinner. Arian and I are going to give her a hand. If you can just put those two bags upstairs by the door babe. I'll organize them later." She finally got down to the last step smiling at us.