38•Back Home II

"A3, why didn't you tell me you had floor tickets?" Troy asked

"I'm telling you now."

"Well when are we going?" He asked in a sarcastic tone. He was sick of my ass. But I love stirring
him up. Such an easy target. "Who is we. It ain't no we." I shook my head at Troy.

"Why are we talking about it then, shit?" He asked kind of irritated.

Me, the squad and a few others were at my house having a little celebration. Some colleagues and people I met along the way while getting into my own philanthropy work was present. Everybody came through to celebrate the win with me.

I had just inked a partnership with a popular pop artist. He was inspired by my vision and direction. He's into sketching and drawing so he wants to open up a gallery letting half the proceeds go to his charity called Battled Cancer. I'm thinking about putting up my own paintings.

We also have plans to open up an art school in Virginia, his hometown. That's later maybe within the next two years. We're getting together a few others to join in the industry. This was definitely something I wanted to continue, getting art programs in smaller inner cities.

"Troy I'm messing with you. I got everybody tickets. I wanted to lock it in for the playoffs." I let out.

"You always play so damn much. —Just let me know when and I'm there."

"You bringing your girl?" I asked.

"Nah, I'm not sure. I have to see if she'll be able to make it back in town." He was thinking on it. He wanted her there. Wow my boy's in love.

"How are y'all doing?"

"Cyrene, that's my baby man. I love that girl. Plus she a freak. She do get on my nerves sometimes though, with that smart ass mouth of hers." He beamed, and I mean his face lit up.

"Ima' call and tell her you're talking 'bout her."

"A3 don't play with me'." He said trying to grab my phone but I was too quick. "You petty."

"I ain't calling that girl." I laughed. "Now who's whipped. Aww, I love that girl." I mocked. Troy laughed shoving me. "Shut the hell up.

Raina should've been arriving any minute. I told her I would pick her up but she said Sienna had already offered. I'm happy she's coming back home today because I really need to see her. I've been working non-stop all week trying to secure this deal and get everything done with one of the studios. It's been stressful.

It's good we've been able to FaceTime though, like we use to. At the end of every day this week, we call each other just to unwind and release. It was a good feeling.

My mama finally talked to my pops. Which ended horribly. He called me because he locked himself in my old room. She had a knife threatening to kill him. I rushed over and tried to diffuse the situation.