7•Morning Run

My favorite time of the day, morning run

My favorite time of the day, morning run. Standing outside stretching in the dewy hot air. The silence of the world at that hour, nothing else compared to it. No birds, no crickets, just peaceful silence. The sun wasn't up all the way. But the sky was changing quickly. It made me feel like I could run to the edge of the earth in rapid time. No wind blowing. The trees were still. Just peace surrounded me.

"Hey." Adrian stood closer to me. We were doing some warm-ups. "Hi."

"You ready to do this?" Adrian asked while stretching. I looked up at him. "Yes, now I'm ready." I caught him again looking at me from behind. This time he saw that I noticed. "Sorry." He sheepishly smiled.

I didn't know what to say. I never did. I simply gave him a nod letting him know it was fine. "You're beautiful, Raina." He affirmed.

"You don't have to keep saying that. But thank you." I nervously giggled. He didn't see any humor. "You don't believe it?" He softly asked. "I mean-"

"You're beautiful." He said, making me blush. I hated that I was so awkward. "I'll always tell you that because you are. He stared into my eyes as the corners of his mouth lifted.

He shook his head. "Aight, let's hit it." We jogged down the side path in the neighborhood. When the house was no longer in sight, I picked up pace to a more comfortable speed. Adrian followed suit. I loved how he understood my liking for quiet time. We ran throughout the neighborhood and ended at the front gate. I was about to turn around and head back, but Adrian lightly touched my arm, which caused me to stop in my tracks.

"You just don't stop do you?" He shook his head chuckling, while catching his breath. "Sorry, sometimes I just zone out, and I don't even realize it." I sympathized.

"It's cool. I think it's nice. I get like that when I'm working out or driving. I'd go with no destination in mind. I start thinking about life, my plans and just the world in general." He let out.

"Is that safe though? You driving around in a daze?" I giggled and so did he. "No I get it, life goes by so fast and your days are so busy. It's like I just need this time to be present with myself and God. The world can have me for the rest of the day, just not right now." He nodded his head impressed. I was relieved he didn't think I was weird. I impressed myself with the fact that I was talking to him.

"That is precisely what I meant. I couldn't word it as beautifully as you just did, though. Solitude is very important." I nodded.

"Alright, now we can head back. Now that I've caught my breath." He said dramatically. I laughed. "Ok."

We made it back to the house. We said our goodbyes. Nothing too much. He didn't want to chance it. So he solely told me he would text me when he got home. We literally jogged up to the house, he then mumbled he would text me. I mumbled back, "ok bye." With no eye contact or anything whatsoever. He waited until I got inside then drove out of the driveway.