02 | Chatty Patty

Round 1

Feb. 14th, 2019

 14th, 2019

Is this what 25 feels like? Abella thinks to herself as she stares at a vending machine of snacks with her head tilted to the side

25... Abella's feeling like she should have more accomplished. All she has is her career and getting kicked off of her parent's insurance on her 25th birthday.

B6... That's the only thing she has control of right about now. She pushes the button knowing there's no turning back. Picking a snack shouldn't be this serious.

Instead of being on a flight back to New York City to finish recording her album she's still in Texas at the hospital.

After finding her Aunt, 911 was called and she was rushed to the hospital. It's the next morning and the doctors still haven't found out what the problem is. Abella couldn't even be upset about her shitty birthday when she doesn't know what's going on with her aunt.

Abella walks away from the vending machine area heading down the hospital hallway. "Bell," Abella heard a male voice call. She turns around to see Errol coming down the hall holding one of his daughter's hand.

"Hey," Abella says faintly while hugging him. When Errol called last night to make sure Abella got home safely he found out what happened. Even though Katrina's the mother of his ex, he still has a relationship with her. Once you're family to Errol, you'll always be family.

"Have they told you anything?" Errol asks lifting his daughter up with a groan to carry her. Most times you saw Errol, you saw one of his daughters if not both.

"Nope, not yet," Abella replies as they walk towards the waiting area.

"Oh and happy birthday," Errol says touching her shoulder. "I'm sure this isn't how you planned to spend it."

Abella does a small smile. "Not at all, but anything beats working. Any plans for Valentine's day with Valore?"

"We're going to Hawaii this weekend."