60 | Heartbeat

Round 6 (Finale)

Sometime in May...

In a dressing room full of her new team, Abella's a complete ball of nerves

In a dressing room full of her new team, Abella's a complete ball of nerves. She's backstage at the MTV Video Music Awards where she's nominated and will be performing after taking a hiatus.

In September, she released her third studio album, FEMI. After her honeymoon in Bali with Anthony, she found herself spending a couple weeks in New York City recording it.

It was only supposed to be a playlist for Anthony while he was in training camp for his next fight. The music was extremely transparent and only intended for the ears of her husband, but she decided to give it to her label as the last project contractually owed to them.

She put out a surprise album with no notice, promotion, or marketing after stepping away from music for some time. She had no idea how the public would respond to it, but Abella was ready to be done with the label after the court settlement.

On release day she cried like she did for her first two albums. She put all her emotions, pain, and happiness into the album detailing the past couple of years in her life. Every rumor made about her and her relationship was confirmed in the music.

They got the inside tea about friendships ending, deaths, their miscarriage, the breakups with Anthony, the physical altercation, her relapse, the overdose, and of course overcoming all that.

Seeing her supporters react in such a positive way made everything worth it. Every frustration she's had with the industry over the years was at peace and now made sense.

She released an album, was released from her labels, and she was released in her spirit...

Since the release of FEMI, Abella went right back into her hole of privacy. She didn't do much promotion letting the music speak for itself. She's been too busy being a newlywed and enjoying life.