13 | Pull Up

Round 2

June 15th, 2019

Abella stares at a text message from Anthony licking over her teeth

Abella stares at a text message from Anthony licking over her teeth. She hasn't talked to him in a couple days, but that's her fault. She was busy in Nigeria giving back and spending time with family. Also, reconnecting with Jidenna for that one night played a part..

Just from that one night she's already having fairytale wishes. Maybe she's stupid, but she honestly believes Jidenna's the one. That answers the question of why she hasn't moved on from him in the year that they've been broken up. She hasn't seriously dated nor had sex with anyone since him.

Really her date with Anthony was the first time she actually connected with someone making her curious to see where it could go. But it wouldn't be her to not be scared, guarded, and doubtful.

Nobody knows why she's so stuck on Jidenna. Their relationship was relatively short and it was filled with drama due to her ex, Emeka. She's also curious to see if it could work this time now that nothing or no one can interfere.

As much as Abella wants to get back with Jidenna, she's also not banking on it. They might've danced, but that doesn't mean anything. That's what you do at Nigerian parties. Everyone's dancing with everyone and vibing to the music. Abella knew not to put all her eggs into the Jidenna basket where they live happily ever after... Not yet at least.

You in London?

Abella taps the side of her phone. Anthony wasn't the first person to ask when she put her location out there for the world to see on her Instagram story. Anytime anyone asks if you're in a specific place that usually means they are too. It wasn't that Abella was avoiding him, she's a bit confused.

They had fun throughout that week in NY and even shared some intimate moments. As fun and emotional as it was she figured he would go back to the U.K. and that would be that. She really didn't see herself pursuing anything serious with him. She was already envisioning a tumultuous long distance relationship that had no chance of working between both of their careers. We can be friends though. That's what she told herself... but damn sure didn't believe it.