12 | No Wahala

Round 2: Infatuation

June 10th 2019

Standing up from the king size bed of his master bedroom, Anthony stretches long and hard

Standing up from the king size bed of his master bedroom, Anthony stretches long and hard. He looks around the bedroom of his North London home for his phone spotting it on the dresser. He never thought he would be this happy to be back home after being gone for a little over a month. Of course his U.S. debut didn't go as planned and he came home empty handed, but he's came home in one piece. When it's all said and done his family and friends still love him.

"You ready?" His cousin, Gbenga, asks from the doorway.

"Yeah," Anthony responds sliding his feet into his slides walking out of the room behind him. "How's it going?" He asks the man redoing the floors in his house. His house is in the middle of being renovated, but it's still home. The man gives him a head nod as they both go down the stairs.

"Why does Natalie all of a sudden keep wanting you to come all the way to her place to get JJ?" Ben asks as they walk outside going to Anthony's car. Ben gets in the driver seat and Anthony gets in on the passenger side immediately reclining the seat. He's still trying to recover from the flight and changing time zones. Really he's still trying to recover from fight week because he didn't get as much rest as he should've.

"You're asking the wrong person. You would have to ask her that. I would like to know myself. She likes to make my life difficult with even the slightest inconvenience even though we had a system that worked for years. I ain't tryna see her mug every time I want to see my son," Anthony groans as Ben pulls out of his driveway.

Anthony wanted to get his son as soon as he landed, but it was too late in the evening. He was hoping someone would've gone to get him from Natalie's so he would be at his house as soon as he got home. That didn't happen and he instead has to go pick his son up from her himself...again.

How did he go from seeing his child's mother in person once or twice a year to seeing her too many times over the last couple of months? It's like she's bored with her life lately and she decides to mess with him. It's the same every time. She says something outlandish and Anthony immediately shuts her down.